Chapter Eight

The room was frozen for several seconds. Kai was the first to speak. "She, she may never walk again."
"I am afraid so. You see, the bullet severed a part of her spine, and with the past injuries she had from the revolution, it could mean life disability. I am so, so sorry, but the part of the spine severed, well, it's nearly non- reparable."
"Isn't there something we can do?"
"No. I am afraid not your Majesty. If we do try to repair it, we risk injuring more important parts of the body." Kai put his hands up in the air.
"What's more important than walking?"
"Let's see, heart, lungs, stoma-"
"ENOUGH!" Kai yelled, fists in the air. The doctor quieted down, and sat down on the stool.
"Your Majesty. My team and I have weighed the options. There is just to much at stake." Kai sighed as Selene spoke up.
"Isn't this my future we're discussing? Kai and the doctor stopped arguing, and looked at the princess. " I say we give the surgery a shot. If Levana can't stop me, neither can a bullet. I'm not going to take no for an answer. If my name is Selene Blackburn, I'm going to live to that name. Meaning that surgery will be done Kaito." Kai looked up at the use of his full name."Doc, schedule the surgery for in two weeks."

The doctor nodded his head, and he excused himself. The rest of the crew followed, giving the couple their space to talk.
"What do you think you're doing? You heard the doc. you might die."
"Yes, I did Kai. I heard him loud and clear. I also heard people who said Levana couldn't be stopped. Look where we are."
"True, but, this is you're life. I don't want you to risk it for some dream of walking again. I don't want to come close to losing you like that again." Kai was on the brink of tears. He took Selene's hands in his. "Almost losing you, was the scariest thing I have ever had to go through. I don't want to do it again."
"Well, you're gonna have to then. I'm not taking no for an answer." Selene said, staring into his eyes.
"What's that supposed to mean?"
"Well, I'm not going to have the only time I walk down the aisle, be the time I was shot."
"Are you suggesting, leaving me?" Kai asked.
"Well, put it that way, yes. Yes I am. You can't get it through you're head that I am not going to go without trying the surgery, then, tough luck."
"You can't do that."
"Watch me." Selene stared into his eyes.
"Wh- why? You mean everything to me, you can't just walk out." Selene grabbed his hand.
"Kai, you mean everything to me as well. Which is why, I want to be the beautiful bride, that you so well deserve, who walks down the aisle."
"But I don't need that. As long as I have you with me, standing or sitting, I don't care."
"Well, I do. I don't want to put all of that away. Plus that revolution. What if something happens, like some Lunar coming and acting as queen Levana? We cannot have that!"
"Well than we can't put off the marriage."
"Well there is just to much at stake. The surgery is getting done Kaito." Selene crossed her arms over her chest, "with or without consent." Kai stared at his beautiful fiancée. What a tough nut to crack, Kai thought as he looked at her, being so stubborn. He loved her to death, but, why did she have to be so stubborn. He made the only decision he could. He turned and walked away.

As he got to his room, Kai replayed the last twenty four hours in his head. The happiest day in his life, right to his worse nightmares come true. As he lay in bed, all he could do was think about how much Selene had changed him. He didn't want to lose that.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
A\N  this is in Kai's dream,in which Selene and Levana are arguing over who gets to finish a game called "avoid death", and "I have a stronger gift". Thanks for reading!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"As your Emperor, I command you to let me in!"
"I am sorry, but it is to dangerous." All of the sudden, there was a scream, and then a gunshot. This time, Kai didn't let the guard stop him. To his horror, Selene was on the ground, bleeding from her heart. He looked over by the throne, Levana was their, bleeding from her head. "Emperor Kai, dearest husband, chose me, your beloved wife, over that devil of a child."
"You are the devil Levana, you always will be. You are more horrible to look at than her." Kai gestured to Selene, who was lying limp in Wolf's arms. She was deathly pale, and bleeding from to many holes to count. Yet, she looked truly beautiful, unlike Levana, who was truly ugly. She let her true colors show to late. Kai let the door slam, as he left, he left the only one, he truly hates. His thoughts turned to Selene, who was already on a gurney, headed to the hospital, to be saved. He was so afraid, afraid for her, who might never be happy again.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kai woke up sweating. That had been his dream for awhile after the revolution. He was so afraid he would lose Selene, that dream haunted him for months. Finally, after awhile, he told himself, Selene is a capable, strong, and downright independent. Without her courage and strength, we wouldn't be here today. Kai snapped out of his thoughts when Konn Torin came in, asking Kai go see Selene. Kai obeyed, and set at a brisk pace down the hall. Reporters and journalists tried to stop him, but, he kept going until he made it to her room. Selene was reading a book, and before he could read the title, she closed it. "Kai, listen. I am asking you for the last time, please, let them do the surgery." Selene pleaded, taking his hands. Kai could see the tiredness and desperation in her eye while they were like this. He initially came to tell her no, but seeing her like this, made him rethink his choice. 

Finally, Kai let out a slow breath "Yes, we can do the surgery. If this will make you happy, it will make me happy to."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N I don't know if you guys are confused. If you are, read on, if you aren't, move along. Okay, so, Kai is fighting with the doctor. Doc McStuffins here convinces Kai to not do the surgery. For some reason however, when Selene says, "Schedule the surgery for in two weeks, he obeys. Then Kai and Selene have the argument, and, as always, she wins. 

Okay guys, hope that cleared the air for some of you! Thank you so much to you guys who read my story Over and Over Again, it means the world to me to have 460 readers. I never would have believed in myself to make such an incredible story, without you guys. Sadly that story is coming to an end, because I am ending at fifty chapters. Leave a comment down below, and say what "What if this didn't happen story" you want written. I could do also a sequel to this one, or, something else. Thank you if you comment. I'm not thanking you if you don't. JK. "Wolf, watch it. I know Karate." *Wolf whimpers in background.* "Ugh, I HATE hybrid's attitudes, they drive me nuts. But, then again, earthen attitudes as well. Those are annoying. Well, bye guys."

P.S/ thank you guys for reading this story. I am watching the numbers slowly climb, which is incredible. Also, thanks to Cool_Raven for helping me make some changes to the story. Bye! I will stop rambling. Eventually.