Chapter Twenty Eight (Wedding #2)

Kai woke up an hour early, so he could get ready. Today was going to be the happiest day off his life, no matter what went wrong. He was even willing to forget that Selene had pulled that prank.

Konn Torin appeared behind Kai in the mirror. He gave a reassuring  smile, and Kai returned it. Konn Torin  had seen him through the thick and thin, and Kai couldn't be happier that Konn Torin agreed to be his best man.

Konn Torin gave Kai the very rare hug, as the boys came in the room. Thorne made some sort of comment, and Cress slapped him upside the head, while carrying a baby. All of the boys laughed, as Kai looked are his port.  He noticed that he had several new messages from someone unknown, so he let them go.

Meanwhile, in the girl's room, Selene had all of the girls get ready first. They all looked stunning in their grey dresses and blue sashes. On the sashes were pins, adorned with many different types of jewels. Those came with the dresses.

Each girl also wore a dusting of grey eye shadow, with a touch of glitter. Well, all of the girls except Selene, despite Iko's constant arguing on the subject. Selene would have no makeup, for she didn't want anyone to be mislead by it.

After all of the girls got ready, Selene put her dress on. Every time she looked at it, she couldn't help but smile. She knew Kai would think she looked beautiful, and that made her very elated.

After putting the finishing touches on the dress, the girls got Selene into her grey shoes, and put the pin in her hair, which was up in a ponytail.

Selene looked in the mirror, and gaped at how much she looked like a bride. She never imagined in her wildest dreams, that she would marry the emperor of the Eastern Commonwealth. But, it was happening, and she couldn't be happier.

Selene had decided to be like the girls, and do the tradition of something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue. She had her ponytail, which was old, she had her dress, which was new, she also had her sash on her side, which was blue. The only thing that really mattered to Selene, was the something borrowed.

What was borrowed, was the tiara she wore. It was the tiara of the crown princess, back on Luna. The government gave it to her, so she could wear it, as a reminder of her country, so she agreed.

Selene and all of the bridesmaids headed out to the ceremony room, where the wedding and coronation would take place. The empress's crown glittered in the early afternoon light. Kai was readjusting his sash every few minutes, while waiting for his bride.

Once every one was seated, the music started. First, Konn Torin and Peony walked up. Then, Wolf and Scarlet, followed by Thorne and Cress. Last bout not least, the Clays walked up, and the bridal march started.

Selene looked at her dad as the music started. The doors opened up, and Selene walked in steady rhythm with her dad. When they reached the end of the aisle, Selene saw that a couple of tears escaped from Kai and her dad's eyes. She smiled as her dad gave her away, and walked to his seat with Adri.

Selene and Kai then headed over, to a table with unlit candles. Selene and Kai took matches, and lit a candle for all of those who could not be there, like Kai's parents, Selene's mom and aunt, and any victim of the revolution, who could not be there to witness it.

After lighting the candles, Selene and Kai walked over to where Prime Minister Bromstad was waiting. When the couple joined hands, and both looked at him, he started. "Fellow earthens, and not so fellow, but welcomed Lunars, we are gathered here to witness the amount of love this couple has for each other, through marriage. We are gonna hear the words, and see the signs, that this couple should be married. Emperor Kaito, would you like, to state your vows?" Kai nodded his head, and said.

"Selene, you are perfect for me. You have changed my life, and every one else's on Earth. You not only changed my life, however, you also saved it. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be standing here, on the most wonderful day, of my life. For that reason, and many others, Selene, I promise to love you, serve you, and protect you, all the rest of my days," Kai said, choking back tears. Selene looked at Bromstad, and he nodded for her to state hers.

"Kai, what and how I feel for you, cannot be spoken in words. From the moment I met you, I was no longer an ordinary cyborg. You gave my life purpose, and for that, I will forever be grateful. So, Emperor Kaito, I promise to love you, serve you, and protect you, all the rest of my days," Selene said, whilst Prime Minister Bromstad continued with the wedding.

"Kaito and Selene, do you promise to be faithful to each other, to stick together through the thick and thin, and do you promise, to take care of all the children you have, with love and dignity?" Both Kai and Selene nodded their heads, and said ''I do," so Bromstad could continue. The ring ceremony took place, and soon, Kai once again had a band on his left ring finger, but happily this time.

"By the power invested in me by the European Federation, I pronounce you husband and wife. Emperor Kaito, you may kiss your bride." Kai and Selene kissed each other, before breaking apart, and preparing for the coronation.

Kai and Konn Torin went up to the alter, and Selene stayed below. The crown was removed from her head, as Kai's was put on, when he started. "People of Earth. You have witnessed the occasion of my marriage to Selene. Now, you will witness her coronation as Empress of the Eastern Commonwealth. Selene, please kneel, to accept the crown of your people." Selene did as she was told, and Kai lifted the crown above Selene's head, as he countiued. "Selene, do you promise, to rule with justice and dignity for your people? Do you promise, to cherish every one of your subjects, until our heir proceeds the throne. Do you, Selene Channery Jannali Blackburn Darnell Lihn Kaito, promise to do all of these things?"

"Yes."

"By the power invested in me, by the Eastern Commonwealth, I crown you Empress Selene Channery Jannali Blackburn Darnell Lihn Kaito, Her Imperial Majesty." Selene got up, while the crown was placed on her head. She was then met by her friends and family, who all congratulated her. Finally, she was met by Peony, who started crying tears of joy.

Selene broke away from the crowd, and looked at her mother's picture, surrounded by candles. When she approached, she said, "Mom, I know I never knew you, but, I just wanted to say, that I thank you for loving me, because, this is for you," Selene said, gesturing to the crowds, and heading to the ballroom with Kai for the reception.