Chapter Thirty Three

Selene and Kai ducked down as fast as they could. When the dust settled, Kai and Selene looked up. Most of the graves were shattered and destroyed, including Channery's.

There was a missile sticking out from the ground mere meters away from the two. Kai slowly stood up, and headed in the direction of the city. Selene grabbed his arm, and pointed up into the sky. There was a podship flying away. It had the colors of Luna painted on the side of it.

All at once, Selene whispered under her breath, "Lydia," and took off. Kai at once followed her, knowing how dangerous Lydia was. He tried to stop her, but she waved him off. She was determined to find out what was going on.

Later, she met with the Grand Minister of Luna. He said his team we working round the clock, and Selene snorted. "What was that, Mrs. Kaito?"

"Hm. Oh. It was nothing," Selene stated.

"Mrs. Kaito. Just because you are the former ruler of our people, does not make it okay for you to make rude comments about us, under your breath," the Grand Minister said.

"Oh, I'm sorry if I offended you. Me and my husband nearly died, and thousands of graves were destroyed, at the hand of my sister. A descendant of Levana. Do tell me why that is dangerous," Selene said standing up.The Grand Minister stood there with his eyes locked on Selene. He dared not to move, and nor did she.

After Selene was satisfied with the Grand Minister's response, she continued. "I want this solved, for my people, and for yours. Get every militant on her case. This lady is dangerous, and we need to stop her, before she stops us. Is that clear?" Everyone in the room nodded, and as they stood, she left.

When Selene got back to her room, she found Kai talking to someone. She waited patiently until he was done, and then she talked. "Listen, Ka-" Selene was stooped mid sentence by him.

"Hey, listen. There is a meeting they wish for me to attend, so I have to go back to earth. Do you want to come with me?"

"I think I'll stay here, in case they need me," Selene said. At her words, and goodbyes, Kai headed out the door.

Selene walked out of the Palace, or, Minister House, into the main courtyards of the market. There she was met with reporters and photographers of different planets. All of them must have gotten word of what happened in the graveyard.

All of them asked questions Selene didn't care to answer, so she kindly excused herself of their presence. They obeyed, and soon she was headed to her destination, the place where she nearly died.

\=*\=*\=*\=*\=*\=*\=*\=*\=*\=*\=*\=*\=*\=*\=*\=*\

Kai's POV

Kai was overseeing preparations for the party he was hosting for Selene. It was that night he would ask her what she wanted, and what they  wanted.  Which, meant whatever Selene wanted. It was going to ultimately be her decision, about if they would have kids. She was gonna have to carry them anyway.

He was going to talk to her back in the graveyard, but he didn't think after getting shot at by a missile the size of Honolulu island, she would want to discuss that topic. Instead, he would give her a romantic dinner on the balcony, and hopefully she would want to discuss the future of their family.

Selene's POV  (A day later) _*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Selene dropped her heavy messenger bag on the ground with a thud. Kai woke up instantly from his night on the couch. He got up and embraced Selene. Instead of  returning the embrace, Selene shoved him off of her, and held out pictures for him to see. He took them and studied them closely. "These are of the missile," Kai said shaking.

"Yes, look at them more closely, and tell me why I should be worried, " Selene said. Kai looked at the pictures, and noticed why Selene was worried. The missile had words engraved in it, and this is what it read.

Dearest sister,
I know that you know what I'm capable of. While I might have been wrong in the past, about which child is yours, I certainly won't be wrong next time. To avoid that oh so sad fate of your future child, rebuild the Lunar Monarchy, and give it to me. You fill this request, and you, your husband, and future family will be safe. If not, consequences will be paid.
                                -Princess Lydia Rose Blackburn

Kai read the death threats over and over again. Then, he looked at Selene's worried expression. She was thinking so hard, but couldn't come up with anything. She looked as if she already knew the kids that Lydia was referring to.

Selene decided that maybe it would be best to have dinner, to Kai's delight. He pulled the chair for her, and she gratefully sat down. He then pulled the chair for himself, and sat at the opposite end of the table.

After dinner consisting of noodles and rice was devoured, Kai had an important question to ask. "Selene, what would you say, if I wanted to start having kids?"

'I would tell you that you better rethink what you want," was Selene's response. Kai thought she was joking, until he realized her face remained still.

"Why on Luna would you say that?" Kai asked.

"Did you properly read what that missile said?" Selene asked. "Or is all you can think about is having kids?" Selene asked, tone resembling that of an angry Wolf.

"Well, when will we have kids?"

"Why do you want kids so badly?" Selene asked.

"Because, Selene. We need to have an heir to the throne," Kai said.

"Oh, is that what this is all about? Ha Kai, for a second there, I thought we actually had something," Selene said, getting up.

Later that night

Kai got into bed with Selene, not wanting to upset her further. He didn't mean to make her upset, but, it happened anyway, and Kai wanted to make it right. "Why do you not want to have kids?" Kai asked. Selene threw the port on the bed in annoyance.

"Because Kai. Do you want to know the reason. Fine, I'll give it to you. I'm scared Kai. Scared that our kids will be drawn into our past."