Chapter Thirty

Selene woke up to Kai waking her. She swatted his hand away, and mumbled a barley audible "Go away," and swatting again. The crew tried everything to get her out of bed, but nothing was working. They even tried to get Scarlet to wake her, and even that didn't work.

The crew was lost until there was a knock at the door. Liam Kinney walked in, and looked around. "Where is Her Majesty? I need to talk to her." Kai stared at him dumbfound, until he realized who Kinney was referring to.

Kai led him up the stairs, into their room, and silently closed the door. Kinney walked to the bed, and gently shook Selene awake. Her eyes fluttered open, as it took her a second to register who was in front of her. "Liam, what are you doing here?"

"Well, Empress Selene. I am here, because there is something I need to tell you.

"What's that?" Selene asked, sitting up.

"Well, thing is, is I'm an android." Selene stared at him for awhile before talking to him again.

"Your a what?" Selene asked, getting up.

"I'm am android," Kinney said again, rocking back on his heels.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?" Selene asked.

"Because. You are the great Princess Selene. The Lost Princess.  I didn't think anyone of your stature would want me, until a found out Iko was an android. After that, it took me awhile to tell you."

"Why do you need to tell me?" Selene asked.

"Well. I uh, sorta um, ha-" Liam started.

"Just spit it out!" Selene said.

"ImayormaynothavefeelingsforIko," Kinney said really fast.

"Come again," Selene said.

"I may or may not have feelings for Iko," Kinney admitted, really slow.  Selene nodded her head, taking in the elating news. Someone had a crush on Ik-,Selene stopped mid thought. What if Iko didn't like him back? He would be heartbroken. Which, she didn't. At least, not to Selene's knowledge.

"Um, Kinney. What would you say, if let's say, Iko didn't like you the way you like her?" Selene said.

"C'mon. You think I'm stupid. I know she doesn't like me. If anything, she'd have a crush on the newer models," Kinney said, while throwing his hands in the air. It was Selene's turn to rock back on her heels.

Finally, an idea popped into Selene's head. She whispered the plan to Kinney, and they went to make a diversion, so they could fill the crew in on the plan.

Minutes later, Selene came back in her work attire, and kissed Kai good morning. She then pursued to walk to the drawer, and grab out a pen, and fill out an invoice for a customer.

After awhile of confusion, Kai went to talk to Selene. He knew she didn't have any customers before the wedding, so why in the world would she need to get an invoice.

Kai left in the direction Selene went, which, suspiciously, wasn't the way to where any customer would wait. He took a left, then another left, and then a right, and he ended up at a seemingly vacant room, except, he heard Selene's voice coming from the room.

Kai leaned up against the door, and heard Selene talking to someone. He heard muffled voices getting closer and closer. He did some quick thinking, and ducked behind a desk in the hallway.  "So, what are your plans for the girl?" Thorne asked some strange guy.

"There are no plans Thorne, it's just a date," the guy answered.

"Yeah, Thorne. Oh, yeah. Don't let Kai know. I don't know what he'll do when he finds out what we're doing," Selene said, walking past the desk. Thankfully, none of them noticed Kai crouching below the desk.