Chapter Thirty One

"Yuri Rikan, born June 24 T.E. was born to the late Emperor and Empress of the Commonwealth. Many don't know why she was kept by her family, but, they have their opinions. Many th- " Kai turned off the netscreen in his podship off. He couldn't wait to see his sister, but, the news was reacting a little to much. All of the people thinking that this was the new start to the Commonwealth government. Kai was so sick of it.

Kai decided to take his mind off of his sister, by comming his wife.

Start of Comm Link

KaithenewHusband morning beautiful☺

EmpressAwesome hey

KaithenewHusband was up.

EmpressAwesome do you know how annoying Queen C is.

KaithenewHusband mm hmm

EmpressAwesome why do I have to attend these meetings?

KaithenewHusband because, your the empress of the EC

EmpressAwesome 😒..😶..😘

KaithenewHusband 😒..😶..😑

EmpressAwesome 😑..😶..😢..😤

End of Comm Link

Kai chuckled as he put his port down. Selene always had a knack of taking a regular comming session, and turning it into something else. Like when the crew members are comming each other, it usually turns into a thing against Thorne, to everyone's enjoyment.

Finally, after taking a nap, Kai felt the podship land. When he stepped out, he almost fell. The mountains around here were breathtaking. He would have to come here to show Selene sometime.

Kai was the first to step forward. His sister then mimicked him, by also stepping forward. He then bowed, as she curtsied. She then led him into her home, silently and gracefully.

When they got into the house, his sister closed the door, and learned up against it. Then, she looked Kai over, and gave him a hug. Kai was shocked. But, before he could speak, his sister spoke for him. "Little brother! Is it really you? I mean I know its you, but I mean come on you're the Emperor of the EC," Yuri said, her expression hardened, as she remembered who she was in the presence of.

"No need Yuri, I'm quite alright with you being a sister around me. We haven't seen each other in years," Kai said smiling. His sister returned the smile, and they went upstairs for lunch.

Kai scarfed down whatever was in front of him. He hadn't had anything to eat since last night. Selene made him some lamb, and he couldn't eat anything after that. He practically ate the whole thing! But hey, when your wife makes you lamb, eat it. Kai was thinking of that being his new motto, up until he thought of when Thorne made lamb, and that put the thought out of his mind real quick.

Yuri decided to make conversation with Kai, and noticing the ring on his finger, said. "Kai, are you married, or is that some sort of ring emperors wear?"

"Yes, yes I am."

"Happily?" Yuri asked.

"Very," Kai responded.

"What is she like?" Yuri asked, wanting to know more about her sister in law.

"Oh, let's see. My wife, is a mix between an angel, and tomboy, but it's a good mix. She is smart, beautiful, kind and loving. She really is quite the lady."

"Why isn't she here?" Yuri asked, suddenly confused.

"Well. When her sister came, I gave them their time to bond, so she wanted to return the favor," Kai said, enjoying the conversation about Selene.

"So, she also cares a lot about you?" Yuri asked.

"Yes, very much so. In a way, you could say she risked her life for me," Kai said, looking back at the revolution. Yuri looked confused for a second, before carrying on with another topic.

Later that evening, Kai and Yuri were taking a walk in the mountains, when more talk about Selene came up. She was more surprised to find out Kai was married to a Lunar, and even more surprised, when he said she rarely used her glamour.

Well, with all the talk Kai was doing, Yuri's expectations for Selene were very high, so she was expecting the ultimate everything in this girl.

Kai got near the house, and was told the day with his sister was up. He climbed into the podship, after hugging her goodbye. She waved as the podship lifted into the air. All of the sudden, it came crashing down. Kai wasn't hurt, but he was shocked.

Kai, even though it was 11 o'clock at night, commed the best mechanic he knew.

Start of Comm Link

KaithenewHusband hey beautiful. I have to ask a favor of you.

EmpressAwesome shoot. I'm awake anyway.

KaithenewHusband the podship won't start.

EmpressAwesome chocolates and roses in the morning?

KaithenewHusband chocolates and roses in the morning.

EmpressAwesome I'm on my way.

End of Comm Link

Kai told Yuri that the mechanic was on her way, so he would wait in the house. Yuri agreed, and put a kettle on the stove for tea, while asking more conversations about his wife.

Finally, after an hour, the mechanic' podship landed. Out jumped a young lady, with her hair in a messy bun. Her dress consisted of a tank top and cargo pants. That wasn't surprising to Yuri. Well, nothing was surprising, until Kai wrapped his arms around her, and kissed her, telling her how much he appreciated her coming to his rescue.

After an hour, the podship was fixed. Selene came in, complaining about how it was a simple problem. When Kai apologized, she just said that it was fine, but it would cost him extra. "Fine, fine, now, let's get home before Konn Torin throws a fit," Kai said laughing.

"No. Why don't you ask Yuri if there is a guest room available?" Kai agreed, and his sister showed Kai to the guest room.

When Yuri started, to show Selene the other one, Selene hopped into bed with Kai. Yuri looked, but, payed no mind. It is Kai's life, he can cheat if he wants, Yuri thought, climbing into her own bed.

Yuri tossed and turned all night. She couldn't stop thinking of her sad brother, cheating on his wife. Finally, she decided she would confront them in the morning.

Morning rolled around, and the bright May sun beamed down on the mountain. It was the perfect day, and Kai offered to take Selene on an early morning hike, for fixing the podship last night. Selene agreed, and as they were headed out the door, Yuri stopped them. "Kai, I know we only just met, but I cannot stand by as you cheat on your wife. You spent the majority of our conversations talking about how amazing she was, and now you cheat on her with a mechanic. That is beyond low," Yuri said, with her hands on her hips. Kai pointed to Selene.

"This is my wife."

"Then, who is the lady you have described to me?" Selene looked at him, and Kai explained everything. 

When everyone was in agreement, about what went down, Yuri invited them to dinner the next weekend, and saw them on their way.

One thing Selene took out of that experience, was, never judge a book by it's cover.