Chapter Six, Wedding Day

Kai woke up to Thorne shaking him awake. "Wake up your sleepyness. Today is the day!"
"Shut up will ya!" Kai asked groggily.
"Are you asking me, to shut up. Remember, I was your captain for a month."
"Yeah, and we should have committed mutiny." Kai said as he crawled out of bed. It was an early Saturday morning. The birds were singing, the sun was shining, and today was his wedding day. But, this one was a happy one. The one that would determine the future of his country. And plus, he was getting married to the love of his life. Well, the love of the last years of his life. He never thought that he would find love like this, but it came, and he was the happiest man in the world. The couple had only one month of being engaged before the wedding, aside of the two weeks if keeping it to themselves. Only having one month of being engaged was normal for royalty. That was just about how long Kai was engaged to Levana. He wished he would have been involved with her for a much shorter time, like a day or so. Gosh he hated the thought of professing love too anyone other than Selene. But, had he not agreed to the engagement, the world would not be as safe as it is now. And, now with Selene preparing to be his wife, nothing could go wrong, right? Well, other than someone trashing their wedding, but that was highly unlikely. Honestly, his last wedding, he was sorta wishing someone would come and do something drastic like killing Levana. Instead of doing that, Selene comes and kidnaps him, which, was okay to. Now,he had no wishes of any of that happening. But, nightmares can be a reality, right? Kai tried not to worry about it as he prepared for the happiest day of his life.
                                      Selene's POV
Selene woke up to Cress calling her name. C'mon, todays the day." Selene grumbled a "No," while Cress went to get Scarlet. "SELENE. TODAY IS THE DAY YOU WILL MARRY KAI SO YOU BETTER WAKE UP!!!" Scarlet yelled, making Selene nearly deaf. That got Selene awake really fast. She climbed out of bed groggily and went to take a shower. When she was done, she sent Kai a comm, hoping he would be awake by now. This was the comm:

SeleneLihnBlackburn-Kaito- morning sleepy head

EmperorKaiBlackburn- let me sleep😴😴

SeleneLihnBlackburn-Kaito- NO! I don't want to. I want you to see me today as I truly am.

EmperorKaiBlackburn- And who would that be?☺

SeleneLihnBlackburn-Kaito- LEVANA!!!!😈😈😈

EmperorKaiBlackburn-  *speechless*

Selene put her port down in the bed as she ended their conversation, and took the wedding dress out of it's bag. It was stunning, yet, Selene didn't like it. But, it was her only choice, considering all of the other dresses were just below the knee, and that would show off her metal leg, and there wouldn't be enough time to have a custom made dress made in time. So, this was her only option. 

As she put the dress on, she felt more like a bride, and less like this was a prison sentence, although with Kai,that is what this was, ish. She was happy to be married to Kai, but this felt like someone else's wedding. Only say she got was the guest list, wedding party, and groom. Rest was done by wedding planners and such. Maybe the groom wasn't all her choosing either. Maybe today she could be like Levana, and the minute something goes wrong, shove the wedding planner in a prison cell. Selene smiled at the thought of shoving her wedding planner in a prison cell. The wedding planner they had went with, had very little respect for cyborgs, and she barley let Selene have a say in her own wedding. The wedding planner would then ask Kai what he wanted, and he would say, "Whatever Selene wants." Then the wedding planner would roll her eyes, and jog what Selene said down on a piece of paper, and hand it over for her assistant to take care of.

Selene's thoughts then turned to the girls, who came out of the dressing room with their bridesmaids dresses on. These were moments Selene was glad she couldn't cry, because all of the girls looked stunning. They all had above the knee gray dresses, with grey shoes, to match the wedding colors of blue, grey, and white. Selene's dress of course, was white, while, the sash on her was blue, same as Kai's.

Selene was also going by the tradition of something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue. The girls all decided they would go by this tradition for their weddings, when they had them. Selene "borrowed" a necklace of her mother's, which was grey moonstone with metal, which she found on Luna. She planned to put it at her mother's grave after the wedding. She had on the blue sash. Something old was her hand and and foot from the revolution, and her something new, was the tiara she got for the wedding. It would be with her for the rest of her reign, so she didn't have to wear the big empress's crown all the time.

Back in the boys' dressing room, Thorne was admiring the ring he got Cress. He was going to be like Kai, and propose after the wedding. Kai saw him staring at the ring, and noticed what he was going to do. "So, your going down this road to?" Kai asked, with a wine glass in hand.

"Yeah," Thorne answered, putting the ring in his pocket. Now the boys were ready. They got into the wedding room, and Thorne made minor adjustments when necessary. Soon, guests piled in, and the wedding was under way.

Selene waited nervously outside the door, waiting for the music to begin. She didn't know what it was, but Selene had a bad feeling about this. But, she couldn't tell anyone, because they would crack a joke about it or something. And, for once, she needed to be serious. Who knows what could happen, considering the incident with the wedding dress a couple weeks ago. Selene didn't try to worry about it to much, but it was always nagging at her. 

Soon, the music started, and the couples went out, one by one. First, it was Wolf and Scarlet. Then, it was Winter and Jacin. Lastly, it was Cress and Thorne, with Iko behind. Selene smiled her relaxed smile as she was the last one to go. She walked down the aisle, and met her handsome groom. 

"Ladies and gentleman, cyborgs and Lunars, we are gathered here to day, to witness the amout of love this couple has for each other, in the union of marriage." Prime Minister Bromstad's voice boomed throughout the ceremony room. "Emperor Kaito, will you tell Selene your vows?" Kai smiled as he nodded his head. 

"Selene, when I saw you, that day at the market, I was surprised. I thought I would meet some sort of crabby old guy. Well, turns out, I was meeting a Queen, and my future wife. Now, then, my feelings for you changed, and over and over agai-" Kai's vows were cut off by a gunshot. He felt a tug on his hands as Selene fell, and blood came from the wound in her stomach. Immediately, the guys ran over and helped Kai bring Selene to the hospital wing. The girls followed, sending comms to the wing, letting the staff know what happened. 

Soon, they arrived, and the dress was taken off Selene, and a hospital gown was put on instead. They took her to surgery, and that was the last Kai saw, of his bride.