Chapter Forty Seven (Time Skip Five Years)

Jasmine watched as her mom descended the stairs to the living room. She gasped. The A line gown, was a perfect fit to her mother's figure. The dress was light blue, with flowers trailing down the edge. Her hair was pulled to the side, with a blue hair clip. She had a blue clutch bag, with a dark blue flower.

She twirled so Jasmine could look at every aspect of the dress. Jasmine clapped for her mother, as her mother's smile grew and grew. "Mom, dad is going to love that dress.

"Yes, he is Jasmine," Selene replied. At her words, Konn Torin came in, ushering her up into Selene and Kai's room.

Kai came in, with his sash the same color as Selene's dress. Jasmine and Jade had matching dark blue below the knee dresses with a floral pattern. Their tiaras glimmered in the early morning light. 

Trumpets blared as someone announced the arrival of the Empress. Kai watched as Selene descended the stairs. His breath was taken away, as he was reminded  of their wedding day. She smiled, as he took her arm. The kids bowed to their parents as they passed, and Rikan took Jasmine and Jade's arm, following  his parents into the ballroom.

It seemed the entire Commonwealth was there, to celebrate the couple's anniversary. Selene and Kai, then went to the dance floor, to share yet another dance. Kai and Selene glided across the floor, smiling all the way.

Jasmine smiled as her mom and dad looked at each other with the same love as years before. At least, she guessed that's what she thought they looked like years ago. She didn't know anything about her parent's past, and she didn't know why. Her mom was always saying when she was ten, she would know everything. She had been ten two weeks now, and she knew just as much as before, which, was nothing.

When the dance ended, Jasmine took her father's hand, while Rikan took his mother's. The family danced away, and were sad when the song ended. They all parted, Rikan going by Luc and Ran Kesley and Jade went by Michelle and Maha Kesley, and Solstice Clay.

Soon, Jasmine found things to entertain her. Thorne's son Leo, was in for a visit, and Jasmine hadn't seen her childhood crush for years. She really hoped the American Flight Institution (AFI) hadn't changed him.

Soon, she found who she was looking for. Those blue eyes, blond hair, jeans and T-shirt, still sent her heart soaring. She walked over, and tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around, and instantly gave her a hug. He lifted her up, and spun her around. That was, up until Kai saw Leo. Leo put Jasmine down, bowed, and took her hand for the dance.

They danced for a long time, the way kids dance, and they enjoyed every minute of it. They then talked and laughed, all the way through dinner, smiling and laughing. They planned on doing this all throughout the night.

But, as plans changed for Levana when Selene came around, plans changed for these two. Whiole they were talking, Kai came to Jasmine, and asked that she give her first formal speech as the Crown Princess. "Why should I dad?" She asked.

"Because when I was ten, I had to give my first speech," Kai replied. This outraged Jasmine.

"Why should I have to give a speech at ten years old? Can I not live as a child?" Jasmine asked.

"Enough! Jasmine Selene Kaito! Respect your father's wishes. You are a Princess, and, princesses must learn," Selene said. By now everyone in the ballroom turned their attention to the family.

"Well, not this princess," Jasmine said, walking out of the ballroom. No one dared to follow her, except the one guard, whose job was to protect the princess.

Soon, the gala resumed. Selene wasn't to worried about Jasmine. To Selene's knowledge, Jasmine went to her room, to sit and think things out. Jasmine had a good head on her shoulders, and was pretty independent, so Selene doubted she went anywhere other than her room.

Later in the evening, Kai and Selene said goodbye to guests, talking to most from the revolution, who protected the union from the wolf hybrids. All had their story, and were pleased when their former queen took the time to talk to them.

Finally, it was just Kai, Selene, and the crew members. They talked and laughed, just as Leo and Jasmine did before. Soon, however, tired from the partying, they retired to their rooms.

Kai later sat down next to Selene in bed, a certain feeling gnawing at him. "Selene," he asked. "Do you think I was pushing Jasmine?"

"Well, Kai. I do. You made your first speech at ten years old, because you needed to take on responsibilities in the kingdom, due to your mother's passing. Jasmine will not have many duties, until she is eighteen, which is what we discussed. But, you being you, decided against what I said would be better for our daughter, which is why we are in this position," Selene said, reading her book.

"I thought maybe that would be a way she could learn about her past," Kai said with a sigh.

"Kaito! I told you I will tell Jasmine about our past when I'm good and ready. Don't push it, because then it won't get told the proper way," Selene said.

"All you have to tell her is, "I'm a lunar cyborg who was treated as a slave for years, found out I was the missing Lunar princess, launched a revolution, became queen. After that, I decided that Luna should be a republic, and came to earth, and became empress here," Kai said. Now Selene was mad.

"Kai. Do you know what it feels like, to all of the sudden, find out you are someone, you didn't think you'd be?" Selene asked. Kai shook his head in understanding, and they left the conversation at that.

Meanwhile, Jasmine heard what her parents were saying upstairs. Her mom and dad were fighting because of her, and she didn't like it. So, she crept outside of her room, masking herself with her mother's black cloak. Before she left, she grabbed her tiara, slipping it inside of the pocket. She then left the door ajar, heading down the corridor.

After a couple hours, there was a shift change, and the guard on duty stepped into Jasmine's room, to make sure she was there. He was surprised to find out she wasn't, and went straight to the Empress.

He opened the door, and it creaked, waking her up. She looked at him quizzically, before realizing it was a guard. She came by the door, and he all he had to say, was one thing.

"Your Majesty. The princess is missing."