Chapter Thirty Four (Time Skip to August)

Selene and Kai have been trying since May to have kids, and nothing was working. They visited the doctor more than once, but he said there was nothing wrong with either if them, so he didn't know why they couldn't carry.

Speaking of carry, Winter and Jacin, had their baby girl, Solstice, in the beginning of the month. She was very premature, but she and Winter survived without a problem. (They made a lot of advances in childbirth since the second era.)

Selene and Kai were beginning to wonder if they would ever have kids. It was beginning to appear as if, Kai would have to divorce Selene, and remarry to someone who could have kids, not that that was what they wanted to do.

Kai and Selene were becoming desperate to the extent of actually worrying about Kai having to find another wife. Selene and Kai didn't want to lose each other, but that seemed to be the only option left.

And, now Selene didn't have any doubt about having kids anymore. Kai talked to her after she made her confession, and told her that they didn't have to tell their kids anything about the revolution, until she felt they were ready to comprehend what their parents told them. Selene felt safer now, and everything was okay between them.

The Lydia issue was also taken care of when they got home. Right away they found the bomber, and he went to jail. They also caught everyone who was in the headquarters in the American Republic, so that left pretty much the Lydia organization in shambles. Hopefully it wouldn't rise anytime soon.

Now to the Present

Selene woke up, bright and early. The hot August sun beat down on the early awoken earth. Selene, even after years of living in Beijing, she still wasn't used to the hot temperatures of the early morning. She tried using her Lunar gift on Kai to turn the air conditioner up, but suddenly she felt powerless. She tried to get up, but she failed. She tried again, but she collapsed against the bed.

All at once, Kai woke up. At this point, Selene was losing conscience, and Kai didn't know what to do. He called Konn Torin, and the came in really fast. He called in available doctors, and they took Selene to her hospital room, and ran some tests.

Later on, Kai canceled the Global leaders meeting for that afternoon. He could not concentrate on anything until he knew what was wrong with Selene. He decided their was nothing better to do than comm the crew.

Start of Comm Link

KaithenewHusband hey guys.

ThornetheAwesome wow, your making this beautiful day sound somber.

KaithenewHusband that's because this day is.

WinterHayleBlackburnClay oh my stars, what happened?!?

KaithenewHusband well, I woke up this morning, to Selene half passed out. I'm waiting right now to see what's wrong.

PeonyLihnBlackburn I'm on my way.

CressThorne us to.

WinterHayleBlackburnClay mm hmm.

IkoTheAmazingAndroid sorry I can't be there. It isn't serious right?

KaithenewHusband nah, Selene's a fighter. She will make it. Oh, Doc McStuffins is here.

CressThrone okay, bye, be there in a bit.

KaithenewHusband k, bye.

End of Comm Link

Kai got up as the doctor came up to him. "Emperor Kaito, we have some news. But, we'll wait until she wakes up. It's pretty important.

A little while later, Kai watched as Selene's eyes fluttered open. He jumped up, and called for the doctor. He was being eaten up alive, not knowing what was wrong.

Finally, Selene gestured for water, and Kai brought it to her parched lips. He put the glass down, and sat next to her. "Hey beautiful, what's up?"

"How did I get in here this time?" Selene asked.

"Well, you were sleeping, ands then you passed out," Kai said.

"They should just put a sign on the door that reads Empress Selene in big letters," Selene said, making motions in the air. Kai laughed, and at that moment, the doctor walked in. Selene and Kai looked at him, as he cleared his throat, "The reason Selene passed out, was due to pregnancy. Empress Selene, Emperor Kaito congratulations, you are with child. Here are the papers that state the gender and such of the baby." Kai and Selene were so shocked, they didn't even bother to grab the papers. They ran out, Selene got changed, and they went to tell their friends the good news.

Only later, did Kai want the papers. He went, retrieved them, and came back. Him and Selene sat on the couch, and read the papers over and over again.

After being satisfied with the news of the baby, there was a knock at the door. When Selene opened it, the whole crew poured into the room. Immediately, questions were asked, and Scarlet quieted them all down. "Why don't we sit down to dinner, and then we ask questions?" The crew agreed, and they filed out of the room, and into the dining room.

After being satisfied with dinner, everyone went back down to the house. Selene and Kai claimed the couch, Winter and Jacin settled on the floor, and the Thorne's as well.

After watching the newsfeeds for a little while, Peony cleared her throat. Along with everyone else, she was dying to here the news. Selene took the hint, and turned the volume down on the netscreen. "Kai and I wanted to tell you, that I'm with child," Selene said.

After the awkward silence ended, everyone got up, and hugged Selene and Kai. They all knew how much Selene and Kai wanted kids of their own, and they were all happy for them. Especially Konn Torin, even though this was going to be his second go round of royal children.

After what seemed like ages, everyone left the couple alone. They all retired to their rooms, tired from the days ahead.

Kai took Selene's hand, when he found her on the balcony. "I'm so glad you survived Levana's stabbing you," Kai said.

"You and me both," Selene said, looking at the stars, for the beginning of yet another chapter.