Chapter Thirteen

Kai squeezed Selene's hand harder at the doctor's words. "What problem?" He asked, shaking slightly.

"Well, it is a problem that can be easily fixed." The doctor stated, fumbling with his pen, attached to the clip board.

"What problem can be easily fixed!?!" Kai nearly shouted, getting agitated.

"Well," the doctor started, "becauseofthesurgeryand revolution,Selenemaynotbeabletocarry." The doctor said, in one breath. Kai stared at him blankly, until he took in the doctor's words.

"Your saying we might not be able to have kids?" Kai asked in disbelief.

"Well, there is a very good possibility. But, there is something we might be able to do."

"What's that?" Kai asked, clutching Selene's hand.

"Well, we might be able to, tinker, with a couple of options, and see what comes out best, if you wish to proceed." Selene and Kai both nodded their heads, and the doctor excused himself. She would be going in for yet another surgery. Not that she didn't mind. The more times she was under, the more times they might be able to find that something is wrong. Something that would tell her that this was only a dream, and that she was just living a normal life as a cyborg in New Beijing.

As much as she looked to think about it, however, she knew it wasn't a reality. That she really wasn't just a normal cyborg. In fact, she was a half cyborg, half human Lunar, who also happened to be the lost princess\ queen of Luna, whom many had been searching for for quite some time. She also was the fiancée to Emperor Kaito, of Earth's Eastern Commonwealth. Which, was also hard to believe. Or comprehend, depending on who your talking to. If your talking to an ex enslaved cyborg mechanic, who turned retired revolutionary, to ex Lunar Queen, then yes, its hard to comprehend.  Which was why Selene kept herself busy with mechanics, so she didn't have time to comprehend it. Or justify  it. Again, depends on who your talking to.

Selene stared at the sterile white hospital room, and the folded up wheelchair in the corner. Selene was dreading the day that they would have to start using it. She wanted to get up and moving, but not in a wheelchair. Sure, she could get a maglev chair, but she saw Cress on one after the revolution, but that didn't look as comfortable as a soft - cushioned wheelchair. And besides, a wheelchair was probably way more fun than a maglev chair. Maybe when she got bored with the wheelchair, would she move to the maglev chair. They did look kinda fun, being a floating contraption. But then again, she drove those upon her return to the Eastern Commonwealth.

Speaking of the Eastern Commonwealth, the doctor came in, and told them that the tests were wrong, and they would have no problem with having kids. Kai and Selene breathed a sigh of relief as the doctor droned on about who knows what.

Later, when the doctor left, Selene's port binged, and the girls invited her in on a group chat.

Start of Comm Link

ScarletBenoitKesley  Was' up people?

CressSoonToBeThorne THE SKY!!!!!!

PeonyLihnBlackburn  ding ding ding, we have a winner.

IkoTheAmazingAndroid chicken dinner.

SeleneLihnBlackburn-Kaito what's this I hear about chicken?

WinterHayleBlackburn hey, Selene, I have a stupid question.