CHAPTER 14- Inayah

"Sometimes in your lowest moments when you feel most helpless, Allah reveals a treasure to you when you least expect it. It might be a friendship that blossoms because of a need, a deeper insight into life's meanings, a sudden attachment to the Holy Qur'an, a tear that you learn to shed in supplication, etc. But surely when Allah takes something away from you, He gives you something greater in it's place"❤😊

6

5

4

3

2

1

0

Aaand here he comes!

"Who's Inayah?" Omar came rushing straight to my room after he came back from work. He bent down and rested his hands on his knees to calm down his breathing. Oh my goodness, he literally ran!

"Assalamu Alaykum Omar, glad to know you're so concerned about me" I replied rolling my eyes at him, he stood up straight and came towards my bed where I was lying down with a book in my hand.

He sat next to me and lifted my head from my pillow to his lap. He bent down to kiss my forehead then looked at me and smiled.

"Wa 'Alaykum Assalam, I'm sorry my baby, I was just... nervous" He answered ruffling my hair and intertwining his hand with mine.

"It's okay" I said with a smile, trust me I wanted to laugh seeing his expression but I had to act cool. "Sooo, what were you saying?" I asked as his face turned from all smiley to all nervous once again.

"Do you know any... ummm Inayah?"

"Yeah, she's my friend" I answered honestly, he let out a sigh and questioned me again, "how is it that I didn't about her?"

"I just met her like 2 months ago, why, what's wrong?" I asked.

"She ummm... she phoned me today when I was at work..." he trailed off, to make the situation look more real and dramatic, I sat up and gasped when I looked at him, "really?" I asked faking surprise.

"Yeah and you what was the most shocking part?" he questioned me which caused me to furrow my brows in confusion. What was so shocking about the conversation? I tried to remember but came up with nothing, huh, now I'm curious!

It looked like Mar was waiting for me to ask him what the shocking part was so I just said "what?"

He looked at me with mischief which caused my curiosity to grow more, what's wrong with him?

"She phoned me..." he trailed off making me more curious than I already was, I mean I knew what happened because basically it was me who pranked him, but the look on his face was not what I expected.

"Uh, are you gonna go on?" I asked unsurely, he let out a sigh and smiled at me. "She phoned me..." he trailed off again, "yeeesh, I heard that part, what next?" I interrupted.

"She phoned me with my own number" he finally completed his stupid sentence with a smirk. Ummm wait, his number? No, I used the SIM card which was in my drawer and belonged to Allah knows who- wait, uh oh!

Why are all my pranks going in vain nowadays? I seriously need to work on my troublemaker skills.

I looked up at him through my lashes to see him still smirking at me, maybe it wasn't a good idea; so what I'll do is what I always do when I land into situations like this. Hush, you got it right, I'll RUN!

As soon as I ran for the door, I heard mar yell, "Yasss, she's getting away, get her right now"

Oh no! I think one brother was enough to chase me, but no, my luck is never with me, I got two on my tail.