CHAPTER 54- My Only Hope!

Allah will give, in that you should have no doubt!
But before He gives, He may teach you a few lessons. So persevere and have patience through them.
Perhaps you will appreciate the gift better when you've had to ride the stormy waves to receive it!
************

"This is so not fair!" I complained for the 6th time which made Yasir roll his sleepy eyes at me, he didn't like babysitting me and that's exactly what he was doing right now.

"Do they realize that I'm the one getting married to Zayn and not Ayman?" I questioned to no one in particular seeing as Yas was already halfway back in dreamland.

So, what's happening is, Zayn thought it was a great idea to talk to my parents straight after our conversation at the ice cream parlor. I told him to wait and maybe talk to my brothers first but he said, and I quote 'Why delay the process by getting your brothers to convince your parents when I could convince them myself with my charms in no time', this boy is too confident for his own good I tell you.

My parents, along with Omar and Inayah wanted to speak to Zayn alone but allowed Ayman in on their conversation, why not me? I'm his fiancé and not Ayman!

I had this weird unsettling feeling inside of me as I didn't know what was going on inside, world war 3 could be taking place inside and here I am sipping on my coffee while babysitting my babysitter.

It was eerily silent for about 20 minutes straight when suddenly I heard a loud bang, I shot up from my chair and I could feel my heart beat go crazy like I've run a marathon. Yasir didn't even stir at the sound and was sleeping peacefully like the cow he is.

Baba probably punched Zayn, or Omar must have banged his head on the wall, or mum certainly threw the plate of cookies at him and it hit his head.

Okay calm down Ayesha, just because you're violent doesn't mean your family is too.

Oh, who am I kidding, we are the Karim's. Violence is our only answer to everything!

Without wasting anymore time, I ran towards the living room and banged the door open, "Baba please don't kill him, he's my only hope" I said out loud in a rush, not thinking what I'm saying.

I need to seriously stop myself from saying anything before I've inspected the whole situation, but no, my stupid self always ends up doing something stupider.

What I saw in front of me was, Baba had put his hands around Zayn's shoulder like he's giving him a side hug, or trying to strangle him to death I'm not sure which. Omar had Mufasa (my cat) in his arms and Ayman was picking up a chair that had fallen, which was probably the source of sound that I heard, assuming the death of my fiancé here.

"Your only hope?"

Oh no, the question I was dreading!

Omar really loves enjoying my misery for sure.

"Ummm, I meant, you know like my only hope for going to university?" I said, but it came out more like a question. Way to go Ayesha, way to go!

"Yeah right, of course you meant that when you called him, and I quote, 'my only hope'. We totally believe you Ay" My twin chose to embarrass me further, standing beside his smirking best friend.

His confident smirk could only mean one thing, they accepted his idea.

How and why do I get myself into situations like this?

And just when I thought my day of shame has ended, my darling older brother decided to prove me otherwise, "And what exactly did you think we were doing to Zayn anyways, oh sorry my bad, I meant what exactly did you think we were doing to your only hope?"