CHAPTER 22- Engagement

"Laziness against the Salah is a sign that the heart does not long for Allah"

"AYESHAAAAAA" Oh how I missed this... NOT!

But wait, what did I do again? I seriously have no idea, think Ayesha think, but before you start thinking you better run for your life.

Just when I reached the stairs, Omar came out of nowhere and held my shoulders in a tight grip. Talk about Déjà vu!

"thank goodness Omar" came Ayman's voice from right behind me, I turned around to see him on his knees and trying to catch his breath, so much for being a football player.

After a moment, he stood up straight and looked me dead in the eye, "where is my blue shirt?" he asked with accusation dripping in every word he said.

Oh, so that's what I did, wait, but I didn't do that "I ain't got no shirt of yours Ay, and why do you always accuse me if something goes wrong with your belongings?" I said obviously rolling my eyes at the same time.

"Oh, I don't know, maybe because of the fact that you're the one and only troublemaker in this house who loves annoying everyone AND SPECIALLY ME"

"Goodness, stop behaving like a woman and stop yelling at me"

Ay took in a deep breath and hissed, "Just tell me where my shirt is?"

"Here" na-uh, this wasn't my voice but my second brothers' voice who decided to come out of his room and bless us with his presence in the corridor, AND he was wearing the blue shirt we were just talking about, just wow!

"Yas, couldn't you come before I got disturbed from my nap?' I questioned him with irritation.

"It's my engagement in about an hour and you were napping?" Omar asked me in disbelief.

"Come on big bro, you should be happy that I didn't go to sleep"

"People" Ayman spoke again gaining our attention, "we were talking about my shirt-"

Before he could finish his sentence, I chose to interrupt him, "exactly, your shirt, which was NOT taken by me and yet you blamed ME for it?" I wiped a fake tear and put my head on Omar's shoulder which made him chuckle at my action.

"I would say sorry but only if you tried being less dramatic" Ay said while rolling his eyes at me and went back to arguing with Yas for his shirt.

I chose to ignore the two idiots and turned to look at Omar with a serious face, "look, whatever you're about to do in almost an hour is a really big responsibility. It's not easy Omar and you need to take it seriously and keep her happy"

He looked at me dumbfounded and said, "It's just an engagement miss drama, I'm not getting married. Now go and get ready please, and for goodness sake try NOT to create any trouble!"

******

So Omar told me to 'BEHAVE' myself tonight and talk politely with our guests, but the first person I saw when I walked downstairs was Aahil with a wounded nose, which reminded me of the incident which took place in the afternoon.

Should I ask him? I guess not because he already looks really uncomfortable.

"You look nice" after these three words slipped from my mouth, his eyes went wide as saucers and he started panicking.

"What is it? What did you do this time? Do I have rashes or pimples on my face? Or did you put the blue dye in my face wash again? I swear Ay if my face is blue I'll get you arrested"

I looked at Ayman who was standing right beside Aahil and said, "and you call me the dramatic one, have you ever met your friends?"

And the biggest rolling eyes award goes to... my idiot twin Ayman, claps everyone!

I moved on from the group of jerks and jerk-ish brother to the living area where most of the guests had arrived.

Yas was standing with Omar who looked nervous... again? The moment I walked towards the both of them, Ay came out of nowhere and stood beside me with a bright smile, "she's here" he declared in excitement.

Inayah was the first one to enter the house looking as beautiful as ever, followed by chub chubs who looked as fat as ever, I'm not being rude but just stating the fact.

The third person who entered the house made my jaw drop and look at her with shock all over my face.

"No one told me she's coming?" I complained looking at Yas for explanation as to why Zermeen was here.

"Ever heard of a guest list?" he simply asked and then questioned me again, "do you know why the guest list is important?"

"So we know who to meet"

"So we know who to avoid"

Ay and me answered at the same time but unfortunately our last word didn't match, of course I said the latter because I certainly wouldn't want to meet people but to avoid them.

"You know, the twin part of us saying the same thing at the same time isn't working" I told Ay to which of course he rolled his eyes again.

"Yeah, because the twin you is becoming really evil" he answered and proceeded to welcome Inayah and her family.

Ummm, did I do something wrong to Ayman because he's behaving really strange?

I pushed the confusing thoughts away and welcomed Inayah with a hug and totally ignored Zermeen and chubs.

After about a few minutes, the engagement ceremony started and I could see Omar's hand shaking from even across the room. I walked towards him and took his hand in mine, he flinched at first but when he saw me he sighed and calmed down.

It was always like this with me and Omar, we didn't have to say anything to each other in such situations and just hold each other and smile. That's it, it actually calmed both of us!

I let go of his hand when Inayah's parents passed her the ring, she fixed her glasses and looked at Omar with a nervous smile to which he returned with his nervous one too.

Omar moved forward (when I slightly pushed him) and put the ring around her trembling finger, after a few moments Inayah did the same, except his fingers weren't just trembling but it was like he's having a seizure.

The living room filled with laughter and everyone saying congratulations, the night went really good indeed!

"Hello trouble"

Oops, I spoke too soon!

I turned around to see the one and only human who I'd love to kill mercilessly for a thousand times.

WHAT THE HELL IS HE DOING HERE? I haven't seen him for over 2 years now and then he shows up at my brothers' engagement?

I really should have checked the guest list!

Hey troubles, hope you're all well?
new character in the book, yayyy...
oh and I really don't know how to describe the engagement ceremony so i'm sorry if it sucked but yeah.
I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and please do vote and comment, thank you!
AYESHA❤