CHAPTER 31- Evil

"Be the kind of person who isn't afraid to ask someone if they are okay twice if they say they are, but look like they aren't. Be the kind of person who smiles at people even if they don't smile back. Be the kind of person you wished for when no one was there for you. Be the kind of person who is brave enough to stand alone in a crowd for what is right. Be that person because we need more people like that in the world. Be that person because people like that are rarer than the rarest diamonds and gold"

__________

Silence

The only sound that could be heard in the living room was the tick of the clock. My eyes were roaming around the room from one person to the other while they sat opposite me with their head hung low, refusing to meet my gaze.

"So I guess I'm not an important part of the family, that's why I wasn't told that my elder brother is getting married isn't it?" I questioned, faking hurt in my voice.

What? They are supposed to feel guilty for what they've done!

"Ay... it's not anything like that..." Omar drawled, failing to find the right words and looking at me with guilt. There you go!

"We were going to give you the good news the same day but..." Yas started, mirroring Omar's expression.

"But you went missing that day and we were all worried and it made us forget" Ay finished for him, they were all looking nervous and Ay was literally chewing his nails.

Now I got 2 options, either forgive them because they already look guilty enough, or give them a really hard time and teach them a good lesson for their deed.

If you know me, you already know which option I'd choose!

I sighed, a little loudly to grab their attention, if it wasn't already on me. "Okay then, good luck with your wedding, I guess I'll just lock myself in my own little world. And if you need anything, I doubt you will, you know where to find me" I stated then got up from the couch and headed straight to my room.

That's more than enough torture for them already, they obviously know what's coming up next and they're dreading it for sure.

Now now, where's that little thing that's used for communication in this century? Ah found it.

I grabbed my phone from the study table (I have no idea why that's in my room, the last time I used it was when I had to write down my phone password in my diary, which might I add was almost 2 years ago) and dialed a particular someone's number.

"Assalamu Alaykum" came her bright voice from the other end.

"Wa 'Alaykum Assalam, hope you okay?"

"Alhamdulillah, I'm good thanks, what about you?" she sweetly asked.

"Yeah Alhamdulillah, I'm good. Hey um I was wondering if we can meet today in the evening?"

Please say yes

Please say yes

Please say yes

"Yes sure"

YES

"Great, at the ice cream parlor at 5" I said and hung up after we said our Salaams.

Suddenly the door to my room burst open and in came Ay, the idiot was obviously eavesdropping!

"You're not doing what I think you're doing right?" he questioned with a knowing look on his face.

"Nah, I'm doing something you can't even think about" I answered with a deviously sweet smile on my face.