CHAPTER 33- The Wedding

This chapter is dedicated to the one and only ZAZUUU!
Yes everyone, its Zazu's birthday and I'd really love it if you all wish my best friend. All your comments will be highly appreciated, you simply have to write, 'Happy birthday Zazu' and valaa, you've made both of us smile.
Hope you have an amazing day Zazu, and really hope you like this little birthday present!

******

"Your friend is the one who mentions Allah to you in your presence and mentions you to Allah in your absence- if you need one, be one first"

A friend is someone we turn to when our spirits need a lift.

A friend is someone we treasure, for friendship is a gift.

A friend is someone who fills our lives with beauty, joy and grace.

A friend makes the world we live in, a better and happier place.

______________

Dressing up, the hardest part of my life!

Why couldn't I just wear a hood and jeans? Oh yeah, because it's my brother's wedding and I have to look good.

So here I was sitting in my room, stuck with diya to get 'ready' for the reception which was in about 2 hours.

Mum got me a dress from Turkey which fit me perfectly well but I didn't like the color at all, it looked like a mixture of pink and cream. I got a matching scarf with it too and it looked like a darker shade of maroonish pinkish (picture of the dress above)

I didn't complain though, mum had ordered this with too much love and I didn't want to disappoint her, so when she came in my room with it, I quickly put it on.

As much as I despised the color, putting the dress on for my mums sake and seeing the beautiful smile stretch out on her face was so much worth it.

The dress complimented my skin tone perfectly, I guess I like it!

The Nikah ceremony was over and the men came back from the mosque about half an hour ago, by the grace of Allah, this week went perfectly well with all the functions. The henna evening also called Kina Gecesi in our language took place last night at my house. All the women in the family and friends were present while I was off to my room and slept in no time.

I thought I'd get to sleep peacefully but mum had other plans, she woke me up at almost midnight and forced me to put henna, this wedding surely came along with a lot of forcing and blackmails only towards me.

Make up, the second hardest part of my life!

Is there something wrong with my face? Then why is diya forcing me to put that icing on my precious face.

"Diya, I swear if any of that comes anywhere near me, I'll burn down all your makeup"

"Ayyyyyy, I promise I'll only apply a little bit. Come on, it's your brother's wedding" diya complained, she really behaved like a kid sometimes.

"Exactly diya, it's my brother's wedding, not mine. Go put some make up on him" I argued back, no way am I allowing that stuff near my face.

All of a sudden, the door banged open and in came Omar looking great in his wedding outfit. "Ayyyyyy, I can't do this!" he exclaimed, sounding quite nervous.

"You can't do what again?" I asked, completely not surprised by his sudden behavior. I mean, this was literally the 14th time he came barging into my room like this and saying the exact same sentence.

"I can't marry her!" he shrieked, and they say he's my 'older' brother.

"Well, I hate to break it to you bro, but the deed has already been done" I patted his shoulder sympathetically and sighed.