CHAPTER 53- Unexpected Answers!

"APPRECIATE YOUR HEALTH AND THANK ALLAH FOR IT"

This is the most important lesson I've learnt in the past 3 months and I'd like to share it with everyone. I know ya'll are upset or even angry with this extremely late update, funny thing is that I'd written this chapter a couple months back but with everything going on I couldn't come to post it. So here's my reason, my dad was tested covid positive and his condition wasn't getting any better, long story short the doctors had given up and said he's not coming back and he was in the ICU for about 3 and a half weeks straight. Alhamdulillah it was honestly a miracle that he fought through this and came back to us❤ I urge everyone reading this to keep him in your prayers as he's still weak but much better and back home safe and sound. Also, forgive me for the late update, I promise to keep updating every week from now on.
Hope you're all safe and healthy!
Much love, AYESHA❤
_______________________

"I think it's about time you go home" Deeya said, looking very concerned.

Pouting at her with a very realistic upset look I could muster, I replied, "you're kicking me out? Is that why you brought me here at the ice cream parlor so you can just part ways and leave me here all by myself?"

"Oh goodness Ayesha Aamir Karim, you don't have to be dramatic every time" she said, rolling her perfect hazel eyes at me.

Not changing my face from its previous look, I deliberately spoke my next words extra slowly, "you think I'm dramatic?"

"Honey, it's about time you act like a grown up about this situation okay?"

I need to keep this going, I know my innocent Dee will break within a few minutes of just keeping my drama up.

Sighing with disappointment, I said, "So, you think I behave like a child?" I blinked a few times after that to have the right impact on her.

"I... I meant like, you know you hiding at my house from him and not facing him is not really the solution to the problem Ay" she really looked worried, my poor Dee.

"Dee you really think I'm spending my study break with you as an excuse to hide from him? You really believe that?"

She looked at me like a mother looks at her child, and said, "Ay, I'm so sorry that I haven't been the best friend that you needed at this time with everything you're going through, I'm so sorry babe. You can stay at my house as long as you want okay"

Ahuh, you just need a few words and the perfect innocent face and boom, my best friend right here falls for it every time.

She dragged her chair close to mine and gave me a side hug, "That's what you were expecting me to say weren't you, I'll have you know that I meant none of that so don't get your hopes up for nothing"

I turned my face to look at her, wide eyed, "Where's my little innocent Deeya? Tell me what you did to her you evil woman?" I couldn't believe it, Dee is not at all like this, she has been influenced by someone.

"Ayman" She said, out of nowhere.

"Huh" I replied, not understanding what she's trying to say.

"Ayman warned me that you'll pull off the 'let me stay' façade and I shouldn't fall for it, like I do every time. I still can't believe I actually fall for your drama every time. Anyways, that argument is for another time. He is really concerned Ay, you really shouldn't be hiding from your problems anymore, you should be facing them okay, you're a grown up and you should behave like one"

"I'm going to kill Ayman when I see him" I hissed, that goof is supposed to be on my side, why is he siding with the other goof.

When did his best friend become more important than his twin sister?