CHAPTER 52- Please reply...

I know it's been forever!!! Please don't hate meee...
XXX

Everyone is going through the same thing at the moment so I'd like to remind all my readers and myself to turn to Allah! This is all a test from Him and we need to be patient, let's also take this opportunity to spend quality time with our family and give them nothing but happiness from us. May Allah help us and all those going through this pandemic.
************************

The morning after the engagement, I woke up at 7am.

I couldn't believe myself when I saw the time after getting ready, but to be honest it wasn't much of a surprise either, considering the lack of sleep I had due to overthinking.

Should I apologize?

Nah, I think I'm doing that too much lately!

But why did he ask me for Nikah this soon?

We're too young for that...... aren't we?

Okay before I die of confusion, I need advice from a sane person, not my brothers for sure!

20 minutes later I'm standing on Aadil's doorstep with a strong mochaccino latte in my hand, his favorite. I fix my Hijab and ring the doorbell once again; I could just barge in like I do every time but dang Zayn and his 'mannerism' lessons have changed me.

I was about to leave when no one was answering the door but just then the door jerked open suddenly and a very pissed off Aahil was standing in front of me, rubbing his eyes. Oops I woke up the devil!

He squinted his eyes and gave me a wary look and then looked at the coffee I was holding, in one second he snatched it away from my hand and started gulping it down his throat like he's been thirsty for days, "What are you doing here?" he grumpily asked after gulping down half the beverage, typical Aahil.

"I could ask you the same thing" I replied, raising my eyebrows, challenging the green-eyed boy in front of me.

He looked at me like he couldn't believe what I just said.

"It's my freaking house, where else would you expect me to be you psycho... ughhh you know what, never mind. Why are you here?" he asked, sounding irritated.

"I'm actually here for the much nicer twin, but since you're being so sweet this lovely morning, I got to ask, why didn't you attend my engagement yesterday? I mean I know I would rather not have your evil self there but still, that hasn't stopped you before." I know I'm being slightly rude but I've always communicated with Aahil like that, this is a normal thing for us, insulting each other in every conversation.

He looked at me, clenched his jaw, tightened his fist, then looked away, "I was busy"

What?

He did not just say that!

"You were busy? Busy? Busy for my engagement?" I shouted out, I couldn't help it, he's being unbelievable.

Giving me a very obvious fake smile, he said, "I'm sorry I couldn't make it to the royal engagement and bring you a bouquet of fresh lilies to congratulate you, princess. Please do pass my sincerest apologies to the grand duke of trouble land"

He looked so serious and funny at the same time that I couldn't help myself, I laughed, and laughed then laughed a little more. "Now there's the Aahil that I've known my whole life, I'm so glad to have you back grumpy."

He looked sad, for some unknown reason, and opened the door wide enough for me to enter, "the nicer twin is upstairs" he said and immediately walked to the kitchen with the coffee I brought still in his hands.