CHAPTER 27- Realization!

"Life advice: Always be the best person you can be. Be kind even when you're tired. Be understanding even when you're angry. Do more than you're asked, and don't ask for anything in return. Don't silently expect anything either. Listen when someone talks, and really listen too, stop just thinking of how you'll reply. Tell people that you love them and that you appreciate them. Go out of your way to do things for people. Be the greatest person you can possibly be and when you mess up, make up for it in the next moment or minute or day. One thing you should never do? Never spend your time trying to prove to anybody that you're great, your actions will speak for themselves and we only have limited time on this earth, don't waste it. If someone doesn't see your light, don't worry. Like moths, good people are attracted to flame and to light, and they will come."

******

After I left school, I headed to the city park which was only a 5 minute walk from there. I spent my whole day there wondering what I had done to be treated this way, I made sure my phone was switched off because I really needed some time to myself.

I don't even know if what I was doing or feeling was right or wrong, all I knew is that I didn't want to see anyone today, I sat by the fountain playing with the water and thinking what I'll do next.

When I heard the Adhaan (call for Prayer), that's when it all hit me.

I realized what I'm supposed to do, I have to change, for my Lord! It felt like the call was especially for me, like my Lord is giving me a sign saying this is the reason you're hurt!

Now all I could do after the sudden realization was feel guilty, obviously everyone was telling me to change for my own good but sometimes it got so much that I felt like I'm the bad girl who everyone dislikes.

Everyone in my house are good practicing Muslims except me, and I always get told off about it. I do offer my Salah but not regularly, I pray my Qur'aan but that's not even regular either. My behavior as a Muslim is not good too, I disrespected my elders, lied most of the times and fought with everyone all the time.

Maybe this is a call for me, to change for the best!

After I offered my Salah in the park, I wanted to stay here a little more before I went back home, I was wrong but it wasn't fair on my family and friends to treat me this way, they had to advise me but instead they left me alone.

Finally when it was 8 o'clock, I decided to go back home and face everyone. Instead of taking the main road, I took a shortcut and turned into a dark alley, it wasn't very dark though and I could still make out a few things from the moon light.

Seconds later, I heard footsteps from behind me and glanced from the corner of my eye to see a man with hood, he was wearing all black like one of those intimidating gang leaders from movies.

Ugh, you shouldn't have taken this route Ayesha!

I increased my pace and so did he, I could always turn around and use my pro skills on him but what if he had a gun or something?

By the time I'd manage to punch him, he'd probably shoot all 6 bullets in my body... or more!

"Wait up, ya gorgeous little thing" came his voice from the back, his voice sounded quite familiar but his accent was so thick and... American?

So American gang leaders are now in Manchester? When did that happen?

Ugh, really Ayesha? Your life might possibly end today and all you can think about is how American gang leaders are in Manchester?

I walked away as fast as I could but the man was obviously faster as he was tall, it didn't take him much time to catch up with me and so I stopped and let out a groan. I couldn't take it anymore!