CHAPTER 48- Oh Trouble!

Dedicating this chapter to the gorgeous Saharyusuf ❤

"How many times
do you need to be told
that God is close to you
before your heart is reassured?
His words,
"Surely I am near"
are preserved for eternity.
So when your heart quivers
with uncertainty
look no further than His Book.
You can read it
a million times
and still find Him telling you,
"Surely I am near."

*____________*___________*

All my life, I was always dependent on one person, he has been my savior through and through. He never let anything happen to me without my will, he had promised me no harm. He was there for me, to protect me, to guide me, to console me, and to save me.

But after all these years, after everything we've been through, all the ups and downs, the tears and the laughter, the idiot has betrayed me!

My blood brother, my own twin!

He's now sprawled over my bed and is holding a bowl of popcorn in his left hand while he high fives Omar with his right, and Yasir was laughing on the floor like a wild cat.

My OLDER brothers were clearly enjoying my misery while mum made me sit on a chair and insisted on doing a nice Hijab style for me, forcefully might I add.

"Mum this is torture, you can't do this to your only daughter and your youngest child" I tried my best to sound upset and heard Ay laughing. "Do it to Ayman instead, I'm sure he'll love to live his barbie life again" of course I got a pillow chucked my way for bringing that up, but I wasn't surprised because I had it coming.

"Sweetheart it's only a dinner with brother Farooks' family" mum replied while wrapping my head with a Hijab in a fancy way which I most certainly will dislike once it's done.

"This is not our first dinner with them mum, and you never bothered with what clothes I wore before when we went out or what my Hijab looked like so why today?" of course I knew the answer, but I wanted to hear it from her.

When she took a deep meaningful breath before she replied, I knew this was going to get serious "Honey I think you know what this is about, you also know how much we love you so you should understand we will always want the best for you. Your dad and I have known Ibrahim and Rabiya for over 30 years, they are very nice and respectful people and I have no doubt they've raised their son in the best way possible. I know you think his behavior says otherwise but we both know he has a good side to him. I also know that the both of you don't get along but that's just because you're both the same. You're stubborn and so is he but you both have a very good heart, no matter how much you to try to deny it. From how much I've known Zayn, me and your Baba think he'll be great for you. We don't want to force you into this cupcake, at the end. the decision will be yours but before you come up with anything, I need you to think about it in peace." She spoke in such a soft tone that it was difficult for me to argue back. "Oh, and I also know that Zayn is the reason behind your changed behavior so don't you dare say he's bad influence" at this my eyes shot up to look at her as she winked at me in return.

How on earth did she know?

This also grabbed the attention of my twin as he quickly got up from my bed and asked, "what behavior, what change, what am I missing?" his interest in enjoying my misery was long gone, now he was curious about the new topic that had just come up, a topic that no one new about except Zayn and me.

And now mum.

I still have no idea how though, but I'm definitely planning to find out!

I turned around in my seat to smirk at my twin, "It's not only you who can keep secrets you know Ay Ay"