For the love of daryl dixon (daryl dixon love story)

Kayla's pov

Running. That's all we seem to be doing now in the world we live in. If its not from the dead then from the living. Unfortunately in this situation, it's both.

"Dad come on!" I screamed keeping my attention to wherever I was running.

Hearing my dad running behind me was keeping me going. My mind racing at everything that happened the night previously. Tears threatened to spill but I blinked them away. If I wanted to live I couldn't break. Not here. The weak die. I was brought to a stop when I heard my dad yell in pain. I quickly stopped to see a walker taking a big chunk out of my dads arm. My blood was cold, my heart felt like it stopped.

"no!" I screamed like a child.

He couldn't leave me. He's all I had left now. I ran to him and grabbed my knife out of my back pocket and stabbed the walker in the brain. I grabbed my dad before he fell to the ground.

"Kayla you gotta get out of here!" He yelled.

"Not without you!" I yelled back looking to see a herd behind us still.

I swung his good arm around my neck and started running with him. He cooperated and ran with me so it helped. We were running for what felt like forever until we came to an old neighborhood. I drug him to a house and began to kick open the door. Hell I didn't care if there were walkers in there, I'm tired of running. Dad helped me kick in the door and it finally caved. We closed it quickly and checked to see if it was secure. It was. We could hear the walkers clawing at the door.

"Kayla get away from the door." He said.

We ran into the living room and starred at the door about to barge in. I was scared as hell. Dad turned to me. He was sweating and breathing hard. The infection was beginning. I tried to keep the tears away in my eyes

," take my gun. I'll go out get them away." He said setting his gun in my hands.

I shook my head and started to choke out my words," no no. We'll fight em off then we'll get you some help."

"We both know there is nothing we can do now!" He yelled.

Then we both noticed something. It was quiet. The clawing at the doors stopped.

"Are they gone?" I asked.

Dad went to look out the window when the front door was kicked in. 2 men entered and dad quickly pushed me behind him. He knew he wouldn't be able to fight anyone off but he'd sure as hell die tryin. But what if it was the old camp? With dad like this, I'd be in danger. I clenched onto dads shirt, shaking and afraid to look at the men. I heard their footsteps stop as they entered the room we were in.

"Don't shoot! We're alive." My dad said.

"Who the hell are ya and what ya doin here?" A scruffy southern accent asked.

That didn't sound like any of the men from the other camp so I peeked out from behind my dad. One man had just put his gun back in his pocket while the other held a crossbow aimed at us