Chapter 5

I walked up to the camp and got weird looks from everyone. Instantly my eyes averted their staires and looked to the ground. I suddenly felt an arm on my shoulder and jumped a little. I turned to see Rick smiling,

"Glad to see your up.hungry?"

I smiled and nodded.

"We'll come on I'll introduce you to the group." He smiled and I followed him.

First we came to a woman with long,wavy, brown hair and a small boy. She smiled and handed me a plate.

"Thank you." I said.

"No problem dear, I'm Lori and this is my son Carl." She smiled."I'm ricks wife."

"Nice to meet you." I said.

Rick then led me to three other men, Glenn, t dog, and Shane. They all introduced themselves and I said hi. The way Shane looked at me bothered me. It was the same way jack looked at me. I knew I was going to be avoiding him. Then Rick took me to a woman with really short hair,

"This is carol. We were looking for her daughter Sophia when we found you." Rick explained.

Carol just starred at me with sadness in her eyes.

"I'm very sorry about your daughter. I'm sure she's alive" I smiled.

That seemed to get a little smile out of her. Real or fake I don't know. We walked back by Lori and Carl and I took a seat In between Carl and Rick. I felt eyes from everyone on me as I began to eat my food.

"So kayla tell us about yourself." Lori smiled.

"Ummm..I'm 20 years old. I graduated as a medical assistant and was just about to start my job before all this happened." I started explaining.

"What's a medical assistant?" Carl asked from beside me.

I looked at him And smiled. He reminded me of justin when he was little,

"We'll I could do everything a nurse could but iv's"

"That's really cool." He laughed.

"Thanks bud." I smiled and ruffled his hair.

"Any family?" Glenn asked.

I looked up and saw daryl shoot daggers at him. He looked confused and I just sighed,

"Lost my mom before all this. My cousin kacie died yesterday. Dad died today, got bit. That's when Rick and daryl found me. My brothers out there somewhere. I don't know alive or dead."

I blinked my tears away quickly as I felt an arm pat my shoulder, I smiled at Rick who smiled back. Then I felt arms wrap around me and looked down to see Carl. He smiled up at me and I smiled back while wrapping my arms around him. Once we finished dinner, I was getting tired. Ya I know I slept a lot today, but I hadn't slept in days.

"Hey where am I sleeping? I'm tired." I asked Rick.

He smiled,"over there." He pointed to a tent towards the back. "Daryl's already got your stuff in there. Hope you don't mind sharing with him."

I blushed,"o ummm no I don't mind. Goodnight."

"Hey we're getting up early tomorrow cause we're heading out." He said.

"Where to?" I asked.

"CDC." He said.

I just nodded and made my way to the tent. Once inside I decided against sleeping cause I had something I had to do. But I had to wait till everyone was asleep. I knew daryl would be comin in soon so I decided to fake sleep till he did. Once I heard him enter and settle down, I waited for him to fall asleep. Once I was sure he was out I quickly got up quietly and went to y bag. I pulled out my flashlight and exited as quickly and quietly as I could. I made it to the beginning of the forest and looked back making sure no one woke up. I smiled to myself and walked deeper into the forest.