Chapter 65

Kayla's pov

Sunlight shines across my face. I feel the heat radiating from it. I smell fresh cut grass and flowers and feel a breeze pass through my hair. What is this? I open my eyes and look around. I was laying in a field. I wasn't in the walker filled world anymore. I stood up and looked around. My eyes stopped when I saw 3 people walking towards me in the distance. I squinted to get a better look at the figures. My eyes widened when I saw who they were. My family. I stood there frozen. No it couldn't be them. They were dead. Wait. Was I dead? I shook at from my mind and began crying as I ran for them.I tackled them in tear filled hugs. My mom first.

"Mom" I cried.

"hello my beautiful girl" she smiled.

i then turned to dad,"daddy" i cried.

"hey bud" he smiled.

then I turned to my best friend, my brother,"Justin!"

He laughed and hugged me back equally as hard,"kayla!"

we pulled from the hug," Justin I'm so sorry! I should've been.." I started to say but he cut me off.

"no listen to me. You can't blame yourself. I did it for you. I'm the brother it was my job." He smiled.

i smiled and hugged him again. I pulled away when I heard someone yell from behind me,

"kayla!"

i turned and seen 3 more figures. A huge smile went across my face. Lori, t dog, and Andrea . I laughed and ran to them, and hugged them all. I had to be dead.

"I missed you guys so much" I cried.

"we missed you too" Lori smiled.

"kayla" dad called.

i turned to him and smiled.

"you have a decision." Mom said.

i looked at her confused. She smiled and looked at my dad who smiled back and grabbed onto her hand.

"you can either stay here or you can go back" dad said.

My thoughts immediately didn't even think of going back. This world or the world of zombies and a gruesome death that you couldn't avoid. Here I had my family and I was safe. It was perfect. I was about to give my answer when I heard someone speaking. It wasn't any of them though. I listened harder, it was daryl.

"you can go darlin. We'll be ok. I'll be ok. I don't want you in pain anymore. I love you."

I heard him begin to cry. This made my heart sink. Daryl doesn't cry. He needed me and I needed him. I looked to Lori who was smiling back at me. What about Carl? What about Rick? I began to feel tears fill my eyes. I couldn't live without them. I felt my hand grabbed and I looked to my brother. He smiled,

"I know your decision and it's the right one."

I looked to my parents, "I can't leave him" my voice cracked."

"I know" mom smiled.

I ran up to her and hugged her. I then hugged my dad and he whispered,

"I am so proud of You. You tell that son in law of mine that he does have my blessing."

I smiled and hugged him again. I walked over to my fallen group members. T hugged me first,

"stay bad ass girl"

"I will" I laughed.

andrea was next. I looked to her and felt a tear escape. We held each other tight and she whispered,

"I told you. You'll beat this world, you're strong."

"I'm sorry Andrea. I'm so sorry." I whispered.

"don't be." She smiled back.

then I turned to Lori who had tears in her eyes, "you've done so much for my boys. Carl needs you there and so does Rick. I couldn't thank you enough. Take care of my baby girl."

i nodded and hugged her tight. Finally I was approached by my brother. We hugged onto each other tightly. I never wanted to let him go. I was sobbing into his shoulder,

"I love you so much" I shook.

"I love you too. I never leave you I'm always there and I'll be here when it's your time. Tell daryl I never blamed him." He smiled.

i looked at him confused and he smiled, "when he shot my walker self he apologized to me. He still blames himself. Feels like he killed me, but that wasn't me. I wasn't there but I heard him."

i never knew daryl felt like that. I nodded and he smiled again," and tell him if he hurts you ill kick his ass when he gets here."

I laughed,"deal"

he smiled and hugged me again. He started backing away from me and I looked at everyone who all had smiles on their faces.

"I love you. All of you" I said.

"we love you too." Justin said, "now sis close your eyes."

i hesitantly did and then I heard my brother one last time, "wake up"