Chapter 67

Kayla's pov

"Wake up kayla. Wake up"

i kept hearing my brothers voice echo in my head. I began stirring and fighting to get my eyes open. I must have been coming back into reality because I felt the pain in my stomach. It hurt so bad and I just wanted to scream. Then I heard the voice of an angel. Well my angel. Daryl. I finally won the fight against my body and opened my eyes slowly. When my vision came to I saw I was back at the prison, in a cell. I turned my head to see 3 figures looking down t me. Normally this would have scared the hell out of me, but I saw the outlines of who they were. They were the 3 people that meant the most to me in the world. The one holding my hand was daryl. I looked at their expressions. They all looked like they were about to cry.

"hi" my voice cracked and I smiled.

daryl just smiled back and Carl cried,"kayla!"

daryl let go of my hand and let Carl get to me. He grabbed me in a hug, "hey bud."

"you scared me so bad" he cried.

I kissed his forehead,"hey I'm here now."

"I'm not letting you out of my sight ever again." He laughed.

"trust me I don't think you're the only one" I laughed looking to both Rick and daryl.

"my turn Carl" Rick laughed.

carl smiled and wiped his tears from his eyes, and moved so Rick could come to me. He hugged onto me tightly,

"hey squirt."

"Hi" I whispered.

he didn't say much but everything he did want to say was all in that hug. He held me so tight like he was afraid to let me go. He finally pulled away and I saw a tear fall down his cheeks. I smiled at him and we both looked at Daryl who was standing back.

"Come on Carl lets go get Herschel." He smiled and put his arm around Carl's shoulder as they walked out of the cell.

Daryl and I stood there in silence for a few moments. Was he mad at me or something? I mean now that I think of it if I had listened to him and stayed with him I never would have ended up in that mess. Tears formed in my eyes,

"I'm sorry"

he didn't say anything. I sighed and began to say,

"I shouldn't hav.." I was cut off by his lips kissing me hard and passionately.

I kissed back with equal force. I cried through this kiss. We both thought we had lost each other and never would see each other again. I know I made the right choice. Sure this world was dangerous, but I needed daryl. Now I know he needed me equally as bad. We finally came up for a breath, but he didn't let me go. He kept me in his grasp.

"you scared the hell out of me. i thought I lost you." He whispered.

I looked at him for the first time. I wasn't the only one crying.

"You did." I whispered.

he looked at me confused for a second and I smiled at him while wiping his tears away with my thumb,

"I did leave. Went to heaven. Saw my family, saw the others we lost. They gave me a choice to stay there with them or come back. I almost said yes."

"why didn't you?" He asked.

"you." I smiled.

"what?" He asked.

"I heard you. What you said. I realized I couldn't be without you. I was needed here. For us for Carl, for Rick. I couldn't leave you guys." I smiled.