Chapter 29

Kayla's pov

I woke up to an unfamiliar looking room. What happened? I looked quickly around and noticed daryl. He was sitting in a recliner across from the bed I was in, sleeping. A smile came to my face, he looked adorable. Shit kayla stop! As much as I wanted to tell myself I didn't love him, I couldn't. He may not love me but I love him and I can't deny that anymore. He has been avoiding me since Justin died. Did I know why? No. That brought a tear to my eyes. I was brought to senses when I heard the door open. I turned to see Maggie. Her eyes widened and smiled, running over to the bed,

"Thank god your awake."

"How long was I out?" I asked yawning.

She sat down on the bed next to me, "about a day and a half."

Wow. "What happened?" I asked

"Had a panic attack and passed out." She said.

Realization hit me. The events played back in my head. We were talking about Randall and it scared me so much, I had one of my attacks. I have never been to for that long though.

"O yeah I remember now." I sighed running a hand through my hair. "Anything happen while I was out?"

"Well we all voted and they are planning on executing Randall tonight, but Rick wants your input so he won't do anything till he hears what you have to say. "

Shit that means Rick knows who he is and that probably mean daryl does too.

"That pissed Shane off. O and I told Glenn that I loved him."

My eyes widened,"o my gosh Maggie!" I hugged her and she smiled.

"So is everyone ok?" I asked.

"Ya. Carl and Rick make numerous trips in to check on you. Lori is starting to show. Carols getting better. Andrea, Shane, and dale are ok."

She stopped when she noticed I was starring at the sleeping man behind her. She smiled and said,

"He never leaves. Been here since he came out of the barn. Won't let anyone go near ya. This is the closest I've been to you since you passed out. You told him you love him yet?" Se whispered.

"No. I'm pretty sure it's one sided. He hasn't spoken to me since justin died. He's been avoiding me. I think I just annoy him." I sighed.

"I don't know. When he found out you were up here he went nuts. He was so worried. About ripped ricks head off cause he didn't send anyone to get him." We smiled.

That made me blush.

"He just doesn't know how to comfort. I can tell He's never felt like this or had someone that felt like this for him before. Ya know the first time I told Glenn I loved him he didn't say it back. Just stood there shocked. At first it hurt but I gave him time and after a while he finally said it."

I smiled at her and she said," just tell him. I'm gonna go get daddy and have him check on you. Plus Rick and Carl have been pacing back and forth downstairs."

We both laughed and she left. I looked back to daryl. Was she right? Did he really feel for me? If not then why is he here and never left?

I was takin from my thoughts again as I heard running down the hallway followed by the door being slammed open. I smiled to see a smiling Carl and a relieved Rick.

"Kayla!" Carl ran and jumped on the bed and hugged me.

"Hey ya sport." I smiled.

Someone grunted and I looked to see daryl had woken up. He saw I was awake and then looked back to Rick. I could have sworn I saw a sigh of relief. Herschel walked in and daryl just got up and left the room. I watched as he left and frowned.

Rick noticed and walked over to me and kissed my forehead, but remained standing.

"how are you feeling?" Hershel said sitting by me and grabbing my wrist to check my pulse.

"fine." I sighed.

"Good. Do you get panic attacks often?" He asked.

"I used to when I was a kid. I was never out for more than a few minutes though." I sighed.

"well something must have bothered you a great ton then." He said looking into my eyes.

i really didn't want to explain anything to him so I just starred back. He sighed and got up,

"well I'd say you're ok, but I'm gonna have Patricia see if she can find an inhaler for you. If not then you just have to stay calm." He said.

i nodded and smiled,"thanks Herschel."

"Anytime." And he walked out.

"don't ever scare me like that again." Carl said.

"I'm sorry. I promised I was going anywhere remember?" I smiled.

"forever?" He asked.

"and ever." I smiled and hugged him again.

"Carl, I need to talk to her alone ok?" Rick asked.

carl nodded and left. Rick looked back to me and sat down in the chair by the bag.

"You really did scare us. I felt helpless cause I couldn't do anything." Rick sighed.

"I'm sorry Rick." I said.

he sighed,"I think you know why I wanted to talk to you alone."

i sighed and nodded,"Randall."

"was he one of the ones that touched you?" He gritted.

i looked down to the blankets and began playing with my fingers trying to get the horrible images out of my head,

"no he never touched me. But he was one of the guys holding my dad back and making him watch."

A tear slid down my face because of the memories.

he sighed and wiped it with his thumb,"the group wants to execute him, but I was doing nothing till I heard what you want to do."

i thought about it for a minute. Sure he never physically touched me, but the pain he caused my father was horrible. I gripped onto my locket and held it in my hands thinking. This boys life was in my hands right now. After a few minutes I spoke up,

"ya. He's a threat."

"Alright. We'll do it tonight." He sad," now get some rest. I'll go get ya some food."

He started to leave but I quickly grabbed his wrist. He turned to me with an arched eyebrow,

"did I so something? Why does daryl hate me?"'

he smiled and sat back down in the chair,

"trust me when I tell you he doesn't hate you. He's scare to get close cause he's afraid he'll lose you. The man has lost a lot. He's trying to cope with the fact he actually has feelings." He said.

"alright" I sighed.

he smiled and got up, "now I'll be back with some food around dinner."

"Ok" I smiled and he left me to my thoughts.

Ive never had a pin attack that bad before. Why was I out for more than a day this time? I thought long and hard, ya I was scared because of Randall, but she said daryl was taking care of him. My thoughts froze as I realized why I panicked so bad. It was cause daryl was alone with him. I sighed and just lay back down and closed my eyes.