Chapter 52

Kaylas pov

I screamed in surprise as the walker started chomping trying to reach my neck. I tried holding it back, but I was still so weak from the governor and jack. I couldn't reach down to get my knife. If I did, I was dead. My arms started shaking under the weight. I couldn't hold him anymore, this was it. I would never get to see daryl again. Never keep my promise to Carl. It's over. My arms started lowering and I closed my eyes as I felt the walkers mouth get closer. I awaited the painful bite when the growling stopped and the walker fell limp. I opened my eyes and saw what ended the walkers life, an arrow? No. I have to be hallucinating. I pushed it off and heard footsteps running towards me. I got up and Rick ran into me embracing me in a tight hug. I hugged back In tears. He pulled away and checked me over,

"Are you ok did you get bit?"

"No no I'm ok" I cried.

He sighed a sigh of relief and hugged me again,"thank god."

He pulled away and I looked back down at the walkers head. The arrow was still there. Rick saw me looking and moved away so I can see who was behind him. My eyes went wide and I felt my breathing hitch. I felt my heart begin to pound and I know I began shaking. Daryl and Merle. He was back. I fought every urge to just run back into his arms. He looked at me with saddened eyes. My fear was quickly replaced with anger. He left me. He chose to leave me. My shaking stopped and I took the arrow out of the walkers head and stormed up to him. Shoving the arrow to his chest. He grabbed it and I glared into his eyes.

Daryls pov

She was ok. She was alive, but that was a close call. Hell way too close for comfort. Now here she is glaring at me. I knew she'd be pissed so I expected this, but it still hurt. I looked over her for the first time. She was bruised and cut up from head to toe, but here she is still breathing. I starred into her eyes. They were filled with anger, sadness, betrayal, fear and all of that was because of me. She didn't say anything and finally broke her glare and began to walk back to Rick. Only then did I notice her right side was soaking with blood through her shirt. I wasn't the only one that noticed.

"Hey sugar tits ya sure ya didn't get bit?" Merle asked.

I glared at him and so did kayla.

Kayla's pov

I glared at him. What the hell was he talking about? He motioned with his head to my side. I looked down and gasped. Blood and a lot of it. What the hell? I never felt it.i looked up to Rick who's eyes were filled with worry. I lifted up my shirt and thank god, it was only a stitch break. Relief filled ricks eyes and even daryls. Why would he care? My adrenaline wore off and I started feeling the pain. Shit! And it hurt bad. I started feeling light headed. Probably because of blood lost.

"Kay you ok?" Rick asked.

I looked at him dizzy. I felt like I was seeing two of him. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I looked up to see daryl. This time I couldn't glare. I needed help. His eyes searched mine, worry filled them. Then it happened, I couldn't stay standing anymore.

"Shit!" Daryl yelled as he caught me as I fell to the ground.

"Kayla!" Rick gasped.

I was still conscious, but I don't know for how much longer. I felt sick.

"Merle go get Hershel." Daryl said.

"You know they ain't gonna let me in. Won't listen to me." Merle said.

"Rick go with him. I got her." Daryl said.

I looked at Rick pleading for him to stay but he sighed, "alright. Merle lets go."

Dammit! Don't leave me alone with him! Please! I felt daryl lift me off the ground. I tarted to feel queasy. No do not throw up on him! I looked hazily up into his eyes again. I felt safe in his arms. He walked me back up to Herschel's cell.

"Lay her here." He said.

I felt daryl set me down and was about to walk away. My hand had a mind of its own and grabbed his to stop him. He looked back at me surprised,

"Please don't leave me again" I whispered.

"Never" he whispered back giving my hand a reassuring squeeze.

Then I blacked out.