Chapter 74

Kayla's pov

i stormed after daryl who was clearly avoiding me.

"Daryl!" I yelled.

he still didn't stop, just kept walking away from me.

"Daryl stop! Please!" I begged.

he finally stopped and turned to me so quickly that I almost ran into him. His eyes glared and they scared me. I've never seen him so angry.

"why kayla! Why should I stop! Ya don't listen to me! Why should I listen to you?" He yelled.

i jumped back at his time. He was really scaring me,

"dar.." I began.

"no just save it! I don't know what ya want from me! I try to protect ya! Try to keep ya safe and you go behind my back and almost get yerself, not to mention Maggie killed!" He yelled.

i felt tears form in my eyes as I fought to keep them back. I didn't say anything, I was just going to let him get it all out.

"are you really that stupid! You think yer tough, you think yer strong but yer not! Yer weak! Couldn't protect yer brother! Couldn't protect yer father! What made ya think it would be different with Maggie huh!" He continued.

alright I know he was just mad, but that hurt. That hurt a lot. It was all my fault. My dad. My brother. And now Maggie was hurt because of me.i was weak. I let me tears fall and I didn't try to stop them.

"I don't even start crying! Yer not sorry! Yer pathetic and I'm done!" He yelled.

my body froze and started to shake. What did he mean by done? Was I going to have to raise this baby myself?

"daryl I had too..it was important" I cried.

"o really what the hell was so damn important ya had to go be a complete dumb ass and almost get killed! What happened to always being able to trust each other hmmm? Thought we sealed that when I slid that ring on yer finger!" He yelled.

"you did!" I cried.

"Biggest damn mistake of my life." I glared.

that hit home. I was mad, hurt, disgusted all at the same time. I began shaking harder and clenched my fists together until they turned white.

"Fine if its such a mistake I'll raise the baby myself!" I screamed.

i didn't even care anymore. I wanted to tell him differently, but I was so mad. He quickly froze, but kept the same glare in his eyes,

"the hell ya talking about!"

"I went into the town to get a test! That's why I've been sick! I'm pregnant you asshole!" I cried.

he didn't move, just continued glaring at me. I starred back at him breathing hard.mi searched his eyes for any sort of reaction. There was none, but I know his thought were consuming him. I just starred at him in disbelief. I was angry, I was mad. He wasn't saying anything! He was just standing there! I forcefully yanked the pregnancy test from my back pocket and threw it at him,

"I'm pregnant with you're baby jackass! That's why I went to the town!" I cried.

daryl was about to say something when I heard another voice from behind me,

"you're pregnant?"

i turned to see Carl. He just stood there. His eyes threatening to spill tears.

"Carl." I whispered.

i started towards him and he backed away from me. It was like he was scared of me. He started shaking his head no at me.

"Carl" I whispered as more tears spilled from my eyes.

his eyes turned from sad to mad as he stormed up to daryl. I just watched him.

"you did this! This is you're fault! " he yelled at daryl and punched him right in the gut.

Daryl grunted and I quickly ran and grabbed Carl. He pushed out of my grip, looking at me with disbelief and sadness.

he backed away more and ran away.

"Carl!" I screamed.

i looked back to daryl for him to say anything. Anything at all, but he just looked at me. I shook my head at him and ran after Carl. I may lose daryl, but I wasn't losing another brother. I ran after Carl and followed him into the south tower. I stopped at the door and caught my breath. He was facing away from me whimpering.

"Carl" I whispered.

he finally turned to me. His eyes puffy and red. Crying hard. I began walking over to him to comfort him but he yelled,

"no! This can't be happening! You're choosing to leave me! You're gonna break you're promise to me kayla!" His voice cracked.

"Carl I didn't plan this! Daryl and I didn't plan this! I'm not going to leave you." I cried and began walking slowly to him.

"Do you even care what this is going to do to us! Me and my dad! You don't understand!" He cried.

"I don't understand! Carl I'm terrified! I'm scared ok! If I could take it back I would!" I said.

"I already lost my mom! I can't lose my sister! Not in the same way! Please kayla I can't lose you! I can't go through that again" He cried.

i continue walking until I was infront of him. I finally pulled him into a tight hug as I felt him cry hard into my shoulder. I was trying so hard to stay strong. I pulled away from the hug and forced him to look at me,

"you listen to me. I am not going anywhere. I will fight. I will not let this happen ok. I will be right here by your side. I promise." My voice cracked as I wiped tears from his cheek.

He finally nodded and hugged me tightly again. I held on and let him cry. We stayed up there for hours until he fell asleep on my lap. I ran my hands though his hair as I thought about everything. I don't know what I'm going to do about daryl. He said he was done so I didn't even know if I still had him. I looked down to the sleeping boy on my lap. This brought a smile to my face as I wiped a stray tear on my cheek. That's when I decided. This baby. My baby would have the best life I could give it. My child was my main concern now. With or without daryl.