Chapter 17

Kayla's pov

My heart sank as daryl sat next to me. We remained quiet for a few minutes. Awkward as hell! I decided the silence was worse than the actual problem so I decided to break it. Hell maybe he just got there and didn't hear our conversation,

"how long were you standing there?"

He grunted,"long enough"

shit. I just sighed and ran my hands threw my hair. I couldn't speak and I couldn't say anything. I was too nervous.

" you still really think about it sometimes? Ending it all?" He asked.

i sighed ,"yeah"

"you're stupid" he said.

i looked at him, shock across my face,"excuse me?"

"Yer stupid for thinking that! You realize what that would do to Rick, to Maggie? What about Carl hmm?! You mean everything to that little boy!" He was getting pissed.

i started to get tears in my eyes and stood up,"I don't want to talk about this."

I tried to walk away, but felt an arm pull me back. I was now face to face with a completely enraged daryl.

" No we are! Give me your gun!" He yelled.

"you got to be joking! I'm not giving you my gun! My dad gave it to me! It's all I got left of him!" I screamed.

he grabbed my gun

"give that back!" I screamed.

"you think he'd be proud of you thinking this way! Ya think your brother would of sacrificed his life to save ya just for you to end it all! Damn! Don't ya see that people care about ya! Rick, Carl, Lori, Maggie, Glenn!you can't just go making people care about ya and leavin em! Hell if you died, I don't know what I'd...." He stopped real quick.

i looked at him,"what did you just say?"

He shook his head,"forget about it. Stupid of me anyways"

He started to walk away. He knew he was about to say something he didn't want to admit. Daryl liked me. I ran after him. This time it was me who forced him to look at me.

"it's not bad." I said.

"what isn't?" He asked still pissed.

"to care for someone." I said.

his eyes glared with anger," don't care bout no one."

ok that hurt.

"So you have no feelings for me at all?" I asked.

"ha! That's a joke! If you're so wantin to die then do it! Make it easier on us anyways. But don't be expecting me to stick around to watch. Ya dumb bitch." He said.

I looked into his eyes for any sign that he was just saying this cause he was mad. There was none. He meant it. I normally don't cry in front of people, but I couldn't stop this time. Daryl was everything to me and now I truly knew what I was to him. Nothing. Nothing at all. I tried to stop crying but I couldn't. My only other option was to run and that's what I did. I wasn't leaving, I promised Carl I wouldn't. I just needed to let this pass so I ran to the woods.