Chapter 30

Daryl's pov

She's ok. She's ok. Relief filled me when I saw those beautiful green eyes look at me for the first time since they closed. Scared the shit out of me. I need to talk to her, but I just can't without feeling something in my throat. Plus I need to protect er. Girl like her don't belong with a guy like me. She deserves so much better than a redneck trash dixon. I left the room quickly to avoid any questioning and let her have her little family reunion. In all honesty I just wanted to scoop the girl up and hold on to her and never let er go. I'd never show her that. That is not what a dixon does. A few minutes later I heard footsteps comin down the stares to me. It was Rick.

"he touch her?" I asked gritting me teeth.

"no but he was one of the ones holding her dad back." He sighed.

that pissed me off! If you were nothing like those guys then how the hell could you hold back a grown man and forcing him to watch his daughter and niece be raped? Hell ur just as bad if not worse!

"She want him dead?" I asked. Hell I hoped so.

"Ya she does." He said.

"good, would've killed him even if she said no." I grunted.

"me too." He smiled.

i grunted in response, "we doin it tonight?"

He nodded.

"alright, I'm gonna go on a hunt. Get us some food for tonight." I said starting to walk towards the door, but a hand grabbed my shoulder and turned me around.

i looked at Rick like what the hell?

"you need to talk to her. She thinks ya hate her daryl." He sighed.

Shit. I mean it's a good thing so she don't fall for me, but it killed me making her feel like that. Honestly I know I'd been avoiding her since her brother died. I shot him, kinda felt guilty. Every time I looked at her, I saw her brother.

"stop avoiding her. She needs you. Now more than ever. She asks for you all the time. Please" he begged.

i nodded,"I'll be back before dark. Don't start without me."

He nodded.

(later that night.) Kayla's pov

Herschel cleared me to get up and move about mid day. I just had to take it easy cause I was weak. I nodded and hung out with Maggie, Glenn, and Carl. Daryl was no where to be found. Sure I loved hanging out with everyone, but daryl, I needed him and wanted him most. Glenn must have noticed my eyes looking around,

"he went hunting."

I blushed and Carl started taunting,"oooooooooh"

"shut up." I laughed.

"make me." He stuck out s tongue at me.

"oh you want me to make you?" My eyebrow lifted deviously.

he just starred wide eyes.

glenn laughed,"I'd run if I were you."

carl looked at me and got up and ran. I laughed and ran after him. He was easy to catch up to. He was small, but I was really fast. I tackled him to the ground easily and pinned him by sitting on top of him. And began tickling him. I heard laughing not only from Carl, but from Maggie and Glenn. Carl was begging for me to stop.

"say kayla you are amazing and will always be better stronger and tougher than me." I smiled.

"never" he starred up at me.

i shrugged,"suit yourself." And began tickling him again.

"ok ok!" He begged and I smiled down awaiting the words I wanted to hear.

"kayla you are amazing and will always be stronger and tougher than me." He laughed.

"very good." I laughed getting off of him.

he got up and I ruffled his hair. It had gotten later so all the men went to the barn. Daryl returned and went with them. he gave me a nod and i smiled back. Maggie came and wrapped an arm around me,

"it'll be over soon."

"no it won't." I sighed thinking of the the rest of jacks group. This is only one of them. Not even the dangerous one.

she looked confused at me. I looked to Carl and told him to go find Lori. He nodded and left and I looked back to Maggie and explained of my life before the group. She just hugged me and promised not to tell anyone. We then noticed the men had came out of the barn, but we didn't hear a shot so we were confused. I watched Shane storm away, Rick was dragging Carl to the house, and daryl looked pissed. I stood up from my seat and gave a confused stare. Daryl made eye contact with me and walked to me. Maggie left so we could have time. He approached me and didn't say anything, just grabbed my hand and led me to his tent.

"daryl what happened?" I asked.

No response.

"Daryl!" I said louder.

He turned to me,"ur stayin with me."

"Why? You don't talk to me for days and you expect me to just stay with you?" I asked yanking my rm away from him.

"dammit kayla! I'm trying to protect ya! We didn't kill Randall! Carl came in and told his dad to do it and Rick pussied out. I want you by me!" He yelled.

my body froze. Randall wasn't dead. He was alive.