Chapter 56

(A few days later) daryls pov

that bitch Andrea came back yesterday. Told us bout the governor planning on war. Hell if he wants one, he's got one. I didn't get the pleasure of ending jacks life, but this governor prick is mine. Now trust me I'm not usually a violent man, but what this guy did to my brother, to kayla is unforgivable. Rick has agreed to "talk things out" with this man, but hell we all know how that's going to end. Kayla automatically volunteered to go of course. I tried to tell her no but that damn woman is as stubborn as i am. I wouldn't want it any other way though. Every night I would wake up from damn nightmares of her in the governors hands, in jacks hands. The guy was fucking dead and he was still pissing me off. Now I lay here the morning we are supposed to have the meeting starring down at the girl tucked into my chest. Her bruises have begun to heal so you can see her beautiful face clearly again. She looked so innocent, like the zombie apocalypse wasn't going on outside. Today and the days to come are going to be filled with fighting and lives lost and I was determined that hers was saved. No matter what. Mine on the other hand is a different story. I'd set my down in a heart beat if it meant saving hers and I knew she'd do the same for me which scared the shit out of me. But if anything does happen, I'm getting us both out of there in a heartbeat. She may be strong and stubborn, but inside she still is that scared and fragile girl. Dammit daryl. Ya know what ya gotta do. I told her I'd never leave her again and I meant it. I softly kissed her forehead and moved off the cot quickly to not wake her up. I started to walk out of the cell, but stopped to take one last look at her. Yah I had to do this. I walked down the stairs seeing rick already up with Herschel over a map. If I was gonna do this it would be done right and done now. Hell never thought I'd be doing this.

ricks pov

"you know how this is going to end regardless." Herschel sighed.

"I know but I have to hear what he wants, maybe it can be worked out." I said.

in all honesty I knew what was going to happen, but I wanted to look the man dead in the eyes that hurt my daughter. I didn't get the privilege of getting any shot at jack and I was going to get mine on this man.

"Rick." Someone said behind me.

i turned to see daryl,"I need to talk to ya. Alone."

He didn't give me a chance to answer him. I've only seen his eyes look that way to me on other time and that when he told me about Kayla's old group. They were determined, but also a bit worried. I looked back to Herschel who just shrugged and nodded for me to go with him. I nodded back and ran after daryl.