Chapter 84

Kayla's pov

i looked down at my beautiful kids. They were both smiling up at me with those beautiful blue eyes that reminded me of daryls. I was so happy they got his eyes instead of my ugly green ones. I started making funny faces at them causing them to chuckle. They were absolutely adorable. I seriously cannot believe they are mine. Nothing could ruin this moment. I smiled at them when I heard what sounded like gunfire outside. I was about to run out and see what was going on when daryl ran into the cell. He was breathing heavy and for the first time I saw fear in daryl dixon's eyes.

"What's going on?" I asked scared.

"it's the other group. They found us." He breathed worried.

my eyes got wide as I froze. I started shaking and daryl noticed. He grabbed me by my shoulders and said,

"ya gotta calm down. I'm gonna get us outta here. I got Connor, you grab elaina, lets go!"

I quickly nodded and we grabbed the kids as we ran into another cell block. Gun smoke was everywhere so we couldn't see anything. It felt like we were running forever when we heard what scared me even more than the gunfire, silence. Was everyone dead? Where was Carl or Rick or Maggie! Merle had to be alive right? He couldn't die! I tried to calm my breathing when we started hearing voices. They weren't the voices we wanted to hear.

"where'd they go?" One asked.

"saw em run through here. The redneck and his family" another said.

"that the girl with the twins?" The first end asked.

"yep" the other one replied.

"o hell man we gotta find that one. Wouldn't mind gettin my hands on her" first one chuckled.

"you ain't the only one" the other voice said and then we just heard footsteps.

my breathing hitched and I looked over to daryl who I could tell was about to explode. Then more gunfire and more voices came. Daryl turned to me,

"we're gonna have to split up"

"what!? No!" I whispered back panicked.

"ya gotta listen to me, I'll take Connor and lead em away. We stand a better chance of us both surviving if we do" he whispered.

"I'm scared" I cried.

"I know, but I promised I'd keep ya safe and that's what I'm gonna do." He whispered.

i saw a tear about to fall from his eyes. He was serious and he was scared. I quickly nodded and he bent down and kissed elaina on the head and then kissed me. He lay our heads together,

"I love you. Do not move until I come and get you"

i nodded and looked down at my son in his arms. This could be the last time I saw them both alive,

"I love you too. Take care of him" I said.

daryl nodded and then ran into the darkness. I sat there and tried to keep elaina calm when silence filled the air again. God please keep daryl and Connor safe. Then I heard voices again. I froze when it was the same voices from earlier. E were getting closer. I tried to quiet my scared whimpers, but was obviously failing. The footsteps started walking away and before I could breathe a sigh of relief, Elaina started crying. My heartbeat quickened as I tried to calm her down. The footsteps turned to running and they were getting closer. I started to panic.

"Elaina please" I begged, but she just kept screaming.

"she's in here!" One of the voices yelled.

"come on out sweety we already know you're in here." The other yelled.

my breathing was quickening. I know daryl said to stay put, but I couldn't. I quickly ran not caring anymore if they saw me or not.

"there she is!" One yelled and I heard them start running after me.

They were cheering and laughing like this was a game and I was their prey. I was so scared I didn't even care anymore. I just screamed,

"daryl!"

nothing.

"daryl please!" I screamed as loud as I could.

nothing again. I tried to stop crying and be strong, but I couldn't. I gained the upper hand and quickly ran into a room, closing the door and locking it. I looked around everywhere for something. Something to be able to hide elaina who had finally stopped crying. I heard the men start banging on the door and yelling,

"come on out sweetheart!"

i panicked and through my tears I saw a box. I quickly ran to it and set elaina down inside it. My only hope was that she would be quiet. That they would only take me and maybe daryl would find her later. I took one last look at my baby girl and ran back to the door which was now moving. They were trying to break it down from the other side. I was In tears and panicking,

"daryl! Daryl!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

then I heard something. A baby crying and it wasn't elaina. My body froze as I panicked even more,

"Connor!"

then the door busted open and fell to the floor. There stood two of the men.

"well hello there sweetheart"

i backed away slowly as one started approaching me. I tripped over something and landed on my back. I began scooting away until I got a good look at one of the men towering over me. I stopped when my back touched the wall. I gasped when I noticed one of them,

"Tom?"

He smirked down at me sedistically,"hello sweetheart"

he grabbed me and yanked me up by my wrists. I heard Connor crying again. I glared,

"where's daryl?"

he smirked, "you mean him?"

i looked over his shoulder and another man dragged in daryl and threw him on his knees. Another had Connor in his arms. I screamed and begged for them to let him go.

daryl looked up to me with his now bruised face and apologetic eyes. Tom smirked and whispered in my ear,

"told ya it wouldn't stop me."

i looked at him terrified and then back to daryl. The man behind him took out his gun and aimed it at daryls head. I screamed and tried to fight out of toms grasp to get to daryl, but I was too late. The man holding the gun smiled, daryl mouthed I love you to me, and the trigger was pulled.

"no!" I screamed.

A/n this chapter is dedicated to one of my residents at the nursing home I work at. She has been following me with this story and has encouraged me since day one with my writing. This chapter was her idea and so it is dedicated to her! I love you!