Chapter 7

~Flashback~

"Kay! I'm goin out!" Justin yelled.

i was in the kitchen with kacie.

"Alright!"

I said walking behind him and grabbed the flashlight off of the counter. I met him on the porch.

"Should be back in a couple hours." He said.

"Ok i'll be here. Stay safe." I said kissing his forehead.

"Always am! Better have that flashlight ready." He joked walking down the steps towards the woods.

"Always do!" I yelled back.

End of flashback,

I made it to a clear opening in the woods and turned on my flashlight. I pointed it in the direction of more trees and just sat there thinking of my brother. I've done this every night since he went missing,He would know I was here if he saw it. The flashlight meant there was no walkers and we were still safe. We always had it on whenever someone went on a hunt. Justin promised he'd find me and this flashlight was like our North Star. I sat on a tree stump for what felt like hours until I heard a branch break from behind me. I gripped my gun and quickly turned to see a striking pair of blue eyes starring at me harshly.

"Damn it daryl! Ya scared the shit out of me!" I said.

"The hell ya doin out here girl! It's dangerous at night!" He whisper yelled.

"None of your concern!" I sparred back.

If he was gonna have an attitude then so was i.

"Is too my concern when ya being a dumb ass and comin out here in the middle of the night! Now come on get ur ass back to camp," he yelled.

He grabbed my arm, but I yanked it away. "No daryl" I said firmly.

He looked back at me. There were so many emotions in his eyes. Shock, anger,hatred. He stormed up to me to where our faces were almost touchin. He was trying to intimidate me, but it wasn't going to work,

"What did ya just say?"

I stood my ground," I said no"

"You better come before I make ya." He threatened.

"You wouldn't" I said. Now I was a little scared.

"care to bet?" He asked pissed.

"Look I'm not goin anywhere! I do this every night and I'm not gonna stop because I'm with a new group!" I said.

"The hell ya doin anyways!" He whisper yelled.

" see that flashlight?" I asked. He nodded.

"When my brother was around and one of us would go on a run. When we got back to the house and saw the flashlight shining, it meant it was safe.before Justin lured the walkers away he promised he'd find me so if he sees this he may follow it and know its me." I explained walking back and sitting on me tree stump.

He sighed. He walked over but the stump I was on and threw his crossbow on the ground and sat next to me.

I looked at him confused,"what ya doin?"

He looked annoyed,"ya ain't stayin out here by urself."

I smiled at him,"thanks"

"Know how it is. My brothers missing too." He said.

I looked at him with wide eyes and he looked back. Pure sympathy in his eyes.

"How'd ya lose urs?" I asked.

"Rick and the others handcuffed him to a roof in Atlanta. Went back for im. The dumbass cut off his hand." He said.

I was in shock and didn't say anything.

" nothing can kill Merle but Merle." He said.

" we'll find him." I said.

He looked into my eyes and for the first time I saw hope in them. I then yawned.

" ya should get some sleep. I'll stay up." He offered.

" your sure?" I asked.

"Ya." He grunted.

I smiled. And started to dose off but had nothing to lean my head on. I looked to him and at his shoulder. Maybe he'd let me? I leaned my head down and barely touched his shoulder. He must've noticed cause I heard him grunt and he readjusted himself so my whole head was resting on his shoulder. I felt butterflies and smiled into sleep.

I woke up to Daryl's light snores. I felt his head resting on mine and smiled. I moved my head and he jolted awake. I looked at him,

"We should get back"

He nodded and got up, sticking out his hand to help me up. I accepted it, grabbed the flashlight, and we started our way back to camp.

"So ya always stay out all night? If ya do ya should probably tell Rick." He said.

"No just slept good." I blushed.

We kept walking when we passed a bunch of flowers.

"Hold up a sec." He said.

I looked at him confused as he picked 2. He walked back to me and told me the story behind them. I smiled as he placed one in my hand.

"I don't think one is growing for my brother, but I do think this one bloomed for yours. And this one for Sophia." He said.

I blushed, "thank you daryl"

I couldn't take it anymore, I hugged him. He flinched and I wasn't expecting him to hug back. Then I felt two strong arms around me. This was perfect, this was where I wanted to be and stay forever.