Chapter 32

Kayla's pov

Dammit Carl. I ran as fast as I could after him into the woods. I was quickly losing my breath until I almost ran into him when he stopped suddenly.

"What the hell car!" I whisper yelled.

he didn't even look at me. I turned my head to see what he was looking at and my heart froze. Sane had a gun aimed at Rick.

"Carl get down." I whispered to him while pushing him behind a bush.

"Take this and stay down. Do not come out for anything you hear?" I whispered giving him my dads gun.

"But kayla.." He started to say but I cut him off,

"dammit Carl just listen to me."

He nodded and I stood up, taking a deep breath. I knew I was going into the line of fire weapon less, but Carl now has something to protect him if something happened. That's what was important. He was safer. Now my soul focus and worry was in Rick as I stepped out behind Shane quietly. Once Rick saw me, his eyes shown nothing but fear and worry.

ricks pov

i knew this was going to happen when we separated. Shane wanted me dead,wanted this group, and my family. I tried not to show the fear I was in as he aimed his gun to my head. That fear and worry escalated to higher extremes when I saw her sneak out of the woods behind Shane. I made eye contact with her and tried to send a message begging her to turn around or run away. She got the message, but shook her head no. I looked back to Shane and he began yelling some more. My only hope was he wouldn't notice the young girl behind him. Please stay quiet kayla.

"We were doing fine without you! I was taking care of Your family way better than you ever could! I protect them and keep them safe!" He screamed.

"oh really?" She said.

dammit kayla.

Shane's body language froze when he heard the voice behind him. He turned his head to see kayla standing there. An evil smile played at his lips. That pissed me off.

"shut up!" He yelled.

"no! Keeping people safe is not what you do! Sure you may be tough, but what you do to women is sick! None of us feel safe around you., me and Lori especially! And after what you did to me, ain't no way I'm letting you around Carl!" She yelled.

he just laughed evily. What was she talking about? A thought registered in my mind when she mentioned Lori. My body froze. I knew what he did to my wife, I swear if he did that to her, he was dead.

"What did you do to her?" I said gritting my teeth.

he turned back to me and smiled. That really made me mad.

"I said what did you do to her!" I demanded in a louder voice.

he chuckled,"relax Rick. Just tried to show her a good time. Take care of her like a real man should until that damn redneck showed up."

my blood was boiling! The very thing I was trying to protect her from happened and not from Randall, but from the man I so called my best friend. I waited for him to take a glance back at kayla to make my move. When he did I ran to him and tackled him to the ground causing him to drop the gun. I had the advantage for a while until he kicked me in the nose and I fell back off of him. I heard a female whimper and got up, quickly turning around. I froze. Shane had kayla with a gun to her head.

"now now Rick. That was the wrong thing to do. Kayla here will have to pay that price." He said in an evil voice.

the look in her tear stained eyes was scared,"Rick" she whimpered.