Chapter 90

Ricks pov

i sat there watching the blood drip from my forehead to the grass. Daryl and I were both badly beaten and now we were both tied up with our arms behind our backs, not able to move. I'm not gonna lie and say I hadn't given up because I had. I really wasn't even thinking of a way to get out of this. We had been left alone as we watched tom and ralph, along with a few others make there way to the prison. I remained zoned out until the sound of daryl struggling against his bonds brought me back. I looked over to see him moving around to try and fight a way out. He was throwing his body in all different ways, but was failing. He finally looked at me like I was crazy,

"what the hell you doin!"

i just shook my head, "it's over daryl."

"fuck it's not!" He yelled and continued fighting.

he was failing and silently cursing. I don't know why but that angered me and I felt the anger inside me rise,

"daryl."

he ignored me and still tried to get released.

"daryl" I said again.

he still ignored me.

"dammit daryl stop it! It's no use! We can't get out, they are gonna take over the prison, it's over!" I yelled.

he finally stopped and looked at me like I was a psycho,"it's not over! What the hell are you talking about!"

"stop fighting. We can't escape" I whispered.

"well excuse me for not waiting till they kill our men and bring back our women and kids! I ain't watching my wife get fuckin raped while I can't do shit! The hells the matter with you! That's your kids and grandkids back there and you're just giving up!" He yelled.

"what do you want me to do daryl!" I yelled.

"fight! Be a damn father! Be a grandfather and be a leader! The Rick I use to know would never be sittin here pussyin out! He'd be fighting for his family! Where the hell did that man go!" He yelled.

i starred into his eyes as he glared at me. He was right. I needed to fight.

merles pov

i found the trail easily. No doubt the tracks were from Rick. Daryl knows how to cover his up, but ricks was like a freakin pathway. I was about 3 miles out when I started smellin smoke from a fire pit no less. I hid behind a tree when I came to the camp. There wasn't many men here. 3 at most. Where the hell were the others? Whatever these 3 would be simple enough to take down. I skinned the area lookin for any sign of Rick or my brother. My eyes locked on a man guarding an area to the right. I quietly made my way around the camp as I took out the 3 men with ease. Actually it felt a little too easy. There had to be a damn catch. I shook the thought out of my head when I saw my brother. Him and officer friendly were beat up pretty damn good. I watched a minute as daryl was throwing his body around to try to get out of his bonds. It was kinda funny at first, but I realized what I needed to do. I quickly ran to them and bent down to their level.

"Merle!" Daryl gasped. "The hell you doin here!"

"Savin the day little bro" I smirked.

"where are the others?" Rick asked.

i pulled out my knife to begin cutting away at daryls ropes,"back at the prison"

I finally got daryls hands untied and moved to work on ricks.

"so ya left kayla and the twins there alone! I asked you to do one damn thing merle!" Daryl exclaimed.

i stopped cutting at ricks ropes and looked at him like he was crazy,