Chapter 41

Carl's pov.

this couldn't be happening. I lost everyone. Why! Did I do someone wrong? She didn't deserve! I began crying and couldn't take it I quickly ran up to the perch. I saw daryl sleeping so I silently snuck back to the wall where we carved things into the wall. I sat down and read what I wrote on it. "Forever and ever" I tried to keep my sobs down so daryl wouldn't wake up. I was mad though. she Broke that promise. I hit the wall and pulled my Knees to my chest and buried my head In them, I couldn't stop crying.

"you promised." I whispered through my tears," you promised"

Daryls pov

i hadn't moved in days. I couldn't. I know I've given up and kayla would beat my ass for it. i just starred at the wall thinking. Could she really be dead? We never found her. Dammit daryl! Get ahold of urself. She's gone. Ain't ever comin back. This is what ya get for getting close to someone! I couldn't even sleep, only had nightmares. When I did sleep, it wasn't for long.

(Daryls dream )

"Daryl?" I heard her sweet voice ask.

my heart was pounding, she was ok!, "kayla! Where are ya!"

i looked everywhere and nothing, I began to sweat, "kayla where are ya!"

i began running in the darkness screaming for her, then I came to a stop. There she was. Facing away from me. I ran up and turned her around. She was crying and so was I. She was here! She was ok!

"why'd you give up on me daryl?" She cried.

"I didn't! Never did!" I said.

"why didn't you find me daryl! I needed you! I still do!" She cried.

i rested my hand on her tear stained cheek. She started to disappear.

"No please! Dont leave me." I begged.

she started fading, I heard her echo," save me daryl! Save me!"

she was completely gone, "no! No!" I screamed completely falling in the darkness.

(end dream)

i woke up panting. Sweating. I looked around my room and I saw something in the corner and hearing whimpering. The hell? I walked over and saw Carl leaning up against the wall crying. I sighed looking at the boy, but why the hell was deciding to cry in my room? I looked behind him and notices .Writing on the walls. It was different from the writing from prisoners. I sat next to the boy and he finally noticed me. He looked at me with red eyes and tears all over his face. He was watching me like a hawk. I looked back and then back at the wall. A tear fell down my cheek as i read KR+DD. i ran my hands over it wishing more than anything for just one more chance to hold her, to tell her how much i love her.

"This was our place. our secret." he sniffled.

i looked back at him And nodded. The Carl I knew at the beginning of this mess wasn't the same Carl I was looking at now. Hell I thought I had a shitty life growing up. It's nothing compared to his. I turned back looking at our initials.

" she engraved those. I engraved this." H said pointing at the words to the right of it.

i looked to him confused,"forever and ever?"

he sniffled,"ya it was her promise. She promised she'd never leave. Forever and ever."

he began to cry again so I awkwardly put my hand on his shoulder. Hell I ain't good with this comforting shit, but we were both in the same boat here. We both lost the woman that meant most to us. A sister and a love. i sighed and got back up, laying back down on the mattress. Something wasn't right.that dream meant something. I went to bed that night really thinking, also holding onto Kayla's shirt for dear life. Maybe I wasn't the only one having these suspicions. I'm going to talk to Rick tomorrow.