Chapter 45

Jacks pov

I listened in to hear the girls torturous screams. I've never wanted to hear someone in pain so badly my entire life. This bitch and her father thought they could escape me. Ha! Wrong! At first I head her screams and was beginning to walk away until I heard silence. Nothing. The fuck Merle? I started to listen in again. He was whispering to her. He was gonna help her! Hell no. Merle was a traitor. I ran to find Phillip.i knocked on the door and he answered. That bitch Andrea was with him.

"what an i do ya for jack?" He asked letting me in.

"I gotta talk to ya." I looked to Andrea,"alone"

"Andrea if you please?" He asked gesturing to the door.

She rolled her eyes and walked out. He closed the door behind him and said, "alright what ya need?"

i crossed my arms,"Merle's not one of us. He's a traitor, trying to help the girl get out of here."

"you're sure about this?" He asked.

i nodded, "heard him myself"

he sighed,"we'll we're gonna have todo something about that aren't we?"

i smiled and nodded. Then commotion rang from outside. Gunfire everywhere. It was that damn group from the prison! Phillip and I suited up and we ran to the streets,

"you go check on the prisoners!"

i nodded and made my way to the basement. I ran into the room we were keepin the Asian and his girl. Gone. Shit! I quickly ran to the room where kayla was bein held. Hell she better be there! That girl ain't escaping a second time. I opened the door quickly and smiled. There she was still passed out from her last beating. Only this time, she was wearing a shirt, Merle's shirt. Well well that just won't do. I decided to have my way with her one more time I case this all goes to shit . I started to unbuckle my pants and made my way to the helpless girl. Phillip has got it from here.

Daryls pov

we grabbed chinaman and Maggie. We ran through gunfire and got into a building. Everyone rushed in and I locked the door quickly. I finally got a good look at the 2. Damn he's been messed up good. Barely even recognized him. I watched as Maggie leaned in to help him and my heart hurt. My girl was still out there.

"Rick this was Merle. Merle's here." Glenn gasped.

merle! He's here? My brother is here? Damn it merle!

"you're sayin my brothers the governor?" I asked angry.

"no but he's like his right hand man. Right next to that jack guy." Glenn replied.

wait jack? That name made me even more pissed off and worried.

"Rick I'm sorry we had to tell him about the prison" Glenn sighed.

"don't you be sorry" Rick said back. "We gotta get out of here"

"I gotta find Merle. Maybe I could talk to him." I said.

Not gonna lie, I was desperate. My brother was alive. The only person to ever care about me growin up. I had to see him. Rick stood up,

"daryl no we have to get them out of here Glenn's hurt. Once we're out we gotta find Kayla. Now are you with me?"

i was torn. I had to choose whether to go for my brother, my own blood, or go back and after kayla. Hell why couldn't I have both? I had a plan in my mind and it would work. I know it would i just needed the right moment. I nodded to Rick to know I was on board with him and he nodded. We made a plan and we ran out in the streets. Shooting anything and everything. We were makin our way over the fence and I saw my moment,

"go! I'll be right behind ya!" I yelled continuing to fire.

they hesitated but continued on. I ran back for the building and looked everywhere for my brother. With all the gunfire and smoke it was hard as hell to see.

"Merle!" I tried yellin.

all I heard in response were screaming people. Great. I quickly ran to a side of a building to reload when I heard something behind me. I was too late to turn around cause something hard hit my head and I fell to the ground and my world went black.