Chapter 47

Ricks pov

I watched as chaos filled woodberry. i knew when he told us to go he was right behind us that he was going back for merle. Come on daryl hurry up! I finally saw him. He was with of course Merle and he was holding something. He finally got closer and I froze. I was in shock. Kayla? Daryl and Merle stopped when they reached us. I looked at my daughter. She was barely recognizable...I can only imagine what she went through. I couldn't move. My eyes never left the lifeless girl in daryls arms.

"is that?" Maggie gasped.

"ya" daryl grunted continuing to glare at me.

i deserved it. She was alive and I never believed him. Didn't even look for her. I gave up on her.

"What's he doing here! He's not coming with us!" Glen. Yelled pointing to Merle.

"you really wanna talk about this here!" Merle yelled back.

i came back to reality and we started running back to the highway towards our cars.

daryls pov

we made it back to the highway. Kayla was more pale and her breathing was soft. I quickly pushed passed everyone and put kayla in the backseat of a car. We had to get back fast. I walked back to the commotion that was now going on. Everyone was fighting.

"he's not coming with us! You see what he did to me! You really want him in the same cell as Beth, Maggie, kayla?" Glen yelled.

"He ain't no rapist! That shirt Kayla's wearin? Ya it's his! He helped her which is more than any of you sorry asses did! Y'all gave up on her!" I yelled back keeping my eyes specifically on Rick.

This bickering back and forth really pissed me off. He's family! He's blood! Dammit.

"Fine! No him no me!" I yelled.

I walked to a car to grab some supplies. Rick quickly followed behind me.

"you don't have to do this." He said.

"it was always me and him before this." I said.

"daryl we are a family, you are apart of that."

"Don't ask me to leave him again." I said.

"what about kayla?" He sighed.

shit. I didn't think about that. I ignored him and walked to the car that held my girl. I looked down at her pale, bruised face. Even all messed up, she was still beautiful and still made my heart pound. I didn't want to leave her. I jumped when I heard someone behind me,

"she needs you daryl."

I turned to Rick and now Maggie.

i grunted,"she's coming with me."

"daryl she can't she needs medical treatment. If you take her she'll die." Maggie protested. "Plus your hurt too."

she motioned to my arm. I looked down at it. I totally forgot about the stab wound.

"I'll live." I grunted.

"you can't leave her." Rick said.

i looked back down to my girl. There was no way I was going to get both my brother and her. This was the hardest decision of my life.

"she'll understand" I side trying to fight back the tears. I leaned down and kissed her head, "I love you." I whispered.

i started walking away and they followed. I went next to Merle and looked back to the group," say goodbye to Carl and lil ass kicker. Take care of her."

they nodded and I went off with my brother. This better have been the right choice.