Chapter 55

Daryls pov

i woke up the next day with my girl back in my arms. Last night was perfect. She was perfect. Too perfect for me, but hell she loved me and I wasn't going to question her. Last night was too dark so I really couldn't take in the sight of her body. She was still asleep so I let my eyes wonder. Even bruised and cut up she was beautiful. My eyes stopped when I saw the hand shaped bruises in between her legs. Rage surrounded me. Oh jack better be glad he's dead! Now this governor prick is going to pay for what he did to her. No woman should ever have to go through that! I sat up, angry with myself. Why couldn't I have protected her? Tears came to my eyes as I imagined her scared, defenseless, and begging for me to save her. Dammit! That's two days in a row this woman has made me cry!

"daryl?" I heard her voice yawn.

i refused to look over at her. I didn't want her to see my tears...AGAIN. She sat up and I felt her arm turn me to her. She was now looking into my eyes with worry,

"what's wrong?"

i said nothing, but my eyes went back to those marks. Her eyes followed mine and saw. She sighed,

"daryl.."

"no don't say it's ok cause it's not. Those men. No those monsters. It's my fault." I sighed.

"hey. It is not your fault don't ever think that." She tried to sooth me.

i looked away,"if I would've been by you, protecting you like I promised ya never would have got lost in the prison and they never would have found you and did those things to you."

"You can't protect me from everything daryl. I love you. Please don't do this to yourself." She whispered kissing me.

i kissed back and she pulled away,"we should probably get back before the others wake up."

"ya I'd never hear the end of it from Merle" I agreed.

We quickly got dressed and ran back to the main prison entrance hand in hand. No one was up yet luckily.

"Hey I got something for ya." I smiled squeezing her hand.

"what is it?" I asked.

"come on." I smiled and led her up to the perch.

I let go of her hand and went to my bag of bolts and pulled out a specific one. I walked back over to her and handed it to her,

"here"

she hesitantly took it and looked at me confused. I chuckled a bit,

"it's the arrow that ya killed jack with. Thought ya might want it to remember how bad ass ya were."

She looked shocked and then smirked,"it was pretty badass of me huh?"

i laughed. Now look who's cocky, " hell ya. Super sexy too."

she put her arms around my neck and I wrapped my hands around her waist.

"o yeah?" She smirked.

"o yea." I agreed. "Round 2?"

"Hell yes." She smiled and began kissing me causing me to fall on the cot and relive last night.