Chapter 46

Daryls pov

I was being dragged somewhere. Couldn't see where though cause these pricks put a damn bag over my head. Oh they better wish I don't get loose! I kept fighting to get away until I heard what sounded like a crowd. The fuck? I was brought to a stop and the bag was pulled off my head. I looked around and stopped. No way. Merle?

"this is one of the terrorists. Merle's own brother."

Terrorist? really? i looked at the prick with an eyepatch. That had to be the damn governor. I looked around and saw I was in an arena and then back to my brother. He was alive. He was apart of this.

"you said your faithful to this town, to me. Prove it. Brother against brother. Fight to the death." Governor said.

i looked to my brother. I could tell he was shocked, but was he really going to take part in this. He punched me right across the face causing me to fall. Hell wasn't expecting that. He began kicking me,

"I'll do anything to prove my allegiance lies to this town" he yelled to everyone.

He got on top of me and began to choke me. I put my arms up around his neck to choke him back. After all we been through, I couldn't believe he was trying to kill me.

"play along little brother. We're getting out of this and we'll get your girl too." He said.

my heart dropped. Kayla? She was here! O now I'm super pissed. They started to bring in walkers and Merle and I jumped up, back to back ready to fight. A smoke bomb entered the circle and then gunfire. The group came back.

"Common daryl!" Merle yelled and I followed him.

while we were running I saw some ass hole with my crossbow. I ran up, punched him in the face and took what was rightfully mine. I stood overtop the man,

"my crossbow."

I ran back with Merle and he led me down towards a cellar. Wait this is the cellar we rescued Glenn and Maggie from! Se was here the whole time?!

"How do you know about kayla!" I whispered.

"doesn't matter now." He replied back.

"she alive? She ok?" I asked.

"Hope so." He grunted back.

i did not like that answer. We stopped outside a door and I got my crossbow ready. Merle kicked in the door and we ran inside. Only to stop and seeing a man putting his belt back on. O hell no! He saw us and quickly pulled out a knife and put it to Kayla's body. There she was out cold on the floor covered in blood and bruises. It didn't even look like her. She was in just her underwear and a black button up shirt. Who's was that? I looked to Merle and noticed he was just in an undershirt. Was that his?

"Don't think I won't kill her! If I die she goes with me! She ain't escaping a second time!" The creep yelled.

a second time? What the hell?

"jack let er go." Merle demanded.

wait. A second time? Jack? No way. This couldn't be, but it was. It was the man that haunted her dreams and scarred her for life. The very man I promised to protect her from. My body started shaking. I felt madness no pure rage. I was seeing red as I glared at the man. He must've seen my reaction because he smiled evily. We heard fast approaching footsteps in the hall.

"now come on fellas don't take my toy away" he chuckled while leaning down to place a kiss on her forehead.

o hell no! Before his lips touched her head I shot an arrow into his shoulder. He dropped his knife and yelled in pain. I dropped my crossbow and tackled him, kicking the knife.

"Get the guys in the hall! I got him!" I yelled to Merle.

he nodded and ran out to the hall. I continued beating on jack. I've waited so long for this. I was doing good till he stabbed me in the shoulder with a knife. The hell? He had 2? I yelled in pain and he tackled me to the ground an pinned me. I fought against him but couldn't move. I glared at him, if he was going to kill me then he'd see my eyes doing it. He smirked and leaned down to whisper in my ear,

"now now it's not nice to take another mans toy. Don't worry I'll take good care of the bitch."

i struggled to get loose and nothing. Dammit. He smiled and pulled out the knife from my shoulder. I grunted in pain. He looked at my blood on the knife and smiled at it. I knew this was the end. I had failed her. I waited for the blade to enter me but instead I heard a shot and jack dropped the knife and fell over dead with one of my arrows in the back of his head. I pushed him off of me and turned expecting to see Merle. My eyes widened, it was kayla. She was standing there, breathing heavy, shaking, and still had the crossbow aimed and ready to fire. I stood up slowly with my hands raised in surrender.

"kayla it's me." I said slowly making my way to her.

i got closer. Her eyes were tear stained and still looking at jack. Her hair was half infront of her face. Not gonna lie she looked really freaky. I got closer,

"kayla." I whispered.

i slowly took the crossbow from her and set it down. She finally looked at me. Her eyes widened,

"daryl?" Her voice cracked.

i moved her hair from her face,"ya babe it's me."

She started crying and jumped into my arms. I held her back equally as tight. I'm not gonna lie when I say I got tears in my eyes too. I pulled her away and kissed her forehead and cheek rapidly then to her lips. I missed her so much. Thinking the woman you love is dead and that you would never get to see her again, be able to kiss her, and now here she is in my arms where she belonged. Alive. I pulled away from the kiss to get a good look at her. She was bruised from head to toe, had cuts everywhere. Jack is lucky he's dead. I hugged her again.

"you came for me." She whispered into my chest.

i lay my head on her head and whispered back, "always."

"I hate to ruin this moment but we gotta go." Merle interrupted.

We both jumped, how long was he standing there? I nodded, grabbed my crossbow, went and grabbed my arrow in jacks skull, kicking him one last time. I starred down at the devil in the form of a man. Hell he wasn't even a man. I'm glad he's dead.

"Looks like she did escape ya a second time." I whispered to him.

"shit! Daryl!" Merle yelled.

i quickly turned around and saw kayla back on the ground. Merle had her in his lap. I ran over to him, she was out cold.

"give er to me! And lets go!" I yelled.

I scooped her up bridal style and ran behind my brother to where I knew Rick and the others would be.