Chapter 10

Daryl's pov.

I walked back after my hunt and looking for Sophia. I looked around the camp to see if I could find kayla, but she was nowhere to be found. Shit. Se better not have left. I started back to my tent when Rick caught up to me,

"We decided we're gonna head off to the CDC so go get packed up."

I nodded,"ya seen kayla?"

A worried expression came across his face,"no I thought she was win you."

"Kinda got into a fight, she ran off." I said.

He seemed upset,"dammit daryl!"

"Don't blame me the bitch ran off cause she can't take bein yelled at!" I yelled back.

"You better find her daryl." He said sternly.

Lori ran up,"Rick have you seen Carl? I can't find him anywhere?"

Shit.

Rick and I started running around searching for the two.

"Carl! Kayla!" Rick yelled.

"Kayla!" I yelled. Hell she's the only one I cared about finding,

We checked everyone's tents till I came to mine a me looked in. I sighed a sigh of relief seeing kayla asleep with Carl in her arms. She's still here. I had to keep reminding myself that. All her stuff was packed up so looked like she was bout to leave. Probably cause of me. Looked like Carl stopped er. I gotta remember to thank him for that later.

"Ey Rick!" I yelled.

He looked out from a tent and I motioned him with my head to come here. He did and he looked in my tent seeing the two. A smile came to his face as he went and gently picked up Carl so he wouldn't wake kayla. He came back out to me with the boy in his arms,

"I'll put him in the car and then come back and get her."

I shook my head," nah she can ride with me."

"You sure?" He asked.

I looked back to the girl and nodded. He smiled and walked away.

I looked back to the sleeping girl in my tent. Hell she'd probably never forgive me. Wait why do I care? I decided I'd pack us up before I took her to the truck. It made it easier cause she was already packed. I threw our things in the bed of the truck and walked back to her. I picked her up bridal style and began my way back to the truck.

"Daryl?" She asked sleepily.

I looked down at her, she still wasn't all the way awake yet.

"I'm sorry you were right about me." She whispered.

That pissed me off a little bit. No I wasn't! I was wrong!

I opened the door to the passenger side and sat her down on the seat. She looked to me with tears in er eyes.

"No I wasn't. I was a dumbass. Didn't mean anything I said. I'm sorry." I said real low so n,y she could hear.

She smiled and I smiled back.

"Go ahead and go back to sleep. I'm gonna go get the tent and be back so we can leave." I said.

"Where we going?" She yawned.

"CDC." I said.

She nodded and I closed the door and watched her lean against the window going back to sleep.