Chapter 51

"Carl get back to the prison!" I yelled.

He surprisingly didn't fight back, just ran to the prison. I went to grab me gun. Shit! i forgot I dropped it when I was in the tombs with carol. Gunshots still went through the air. I bent down and pulled out my knife. A weapon is better than no weapon. I ran around looking for anyone. I saw Maggie shooting her rifle and I ran behind the barricade with her.

"What's going on!" I yelled over the gunfire.

"Its the governor! He's back!" She yelled over.

My heart dropped. Fear took over. i began shaking. Where's daryl when ya need him? I looked and saw Glenn and carol. They were ok. Herschel, Beth, and Maggie were inside so they were good. Wait Rick! Where's Rick? I peaked out to look for him. My eyes widened when I saw a mini van break into the fence and the gunfire stopped. I looked back to Maggie confused. She gave the same expression back. Then the worst possible thing happened. The back door opened and out came walkers. My heart began pounding and Maggie went back to shooting. I began looking around fast. Where was Rick! My eyes searched the yard and I saw him. He was outside the fence and walkers were surrounding him! He couldn't take them by himself. No I can't lose another dad!

"Rick!" I screamed.

And without even thinking,I started to run for him.

"Kayla! Get back here!" Maggie yelled behind me.

I ran as fast as I could. Sweating and panting. My eyes never left Rick though. Walkers began to notice me and blocked my view. You have got to be kidding me! I began killing them with my knife. I was successful at killing them all. I smiled to myself and looked back to Rick. He was still fighting. I was just about to start running to him when I heard Maggie yelled,

"Kayla watch out!"

I was about to turn around when I felt arms grab me and pull me to the ground.

Daryls pov

I couldn't get back to that prison fast enough. I had to know if she was alive. When we got there, I froze when they were under attack.

"It's the governor!" Merle whisper yelled.

No! Where is he?! I want that man dead! I looked and saw the courtyard had been breached with walkers. I saw Glenn and Maggie shooting. Old man and the kids must be inside. My heart stopped when I heard someone scream,

"Rick!"

My eyes searched for the familiar voice. There she was! She was ok. She was alive. She started running for the fence. I looked to where she was running. There was rick backed up against the fence with walkers all over him. Shit! I looked back to my girl who was now blocked off by walkers. Why the hell isn't she shooting! I went to load my bow when I felt my arm hit something in my belt. I looked down. Her gun. Shit so she only had her knife and here she is running like an idiot to save him. Crazy woman! I looked back up and saw she had killed them all. Damn my girl is a badass. She may be all bruised and broken but that was still hot. I looked back to Rick who was still struggling. A walker was about to take a bite out of his neck when I shot my arrow through his head. Rick looked at me shocked to see me. Merle helped me take out the other ones. Rick was breathing hard but gave me a nod and I returned it. I looked back to find kayla and I saw her about to run to Rick. I saw a walker behind her. Dammit girl turn around!

"Kayla watch out!" Maggie screamed.

She quickly turned around, But it was too late. The walker took her down.

"No!" I screamed and began running to the entrance of the gate with Merle and Rick behind me.