Chapter 87

Daryls pov

rick and I sat on the watch tower. I was leaning up against the wall and he was leaning on the rail with his back to me. It's pretty late now and I'm not gonna lie and say I wasn't tired cause I was. I had to keep shakin my head or fiddlin with my crossbow.

"So how's the married life?" Rick said tryin to make conversation.

i quickly shot my head up from my crossbow and just grunted. I heard him chuckle silently,

"ya I know how it is. You're lucky you still have her." He said slightly turning his head to me. I nodded and then arched an eyebrow.

"Daryl I need ya to promise me something." He sighed.

i walked up and stood next to him and just looked at him as he went on,

"whatever happens and if anything ever happens between you two. Try to fix it. Hear both sides, let each explain. Whatever you do,do not tune her out, do not act like you hate her because especially in this world, you never know when your last day is and you may say things you regret and never...." His voice started to crack and water filled his eyes,"get to tell her you still love her with everything you have"

i knew his little speech here wasn't really meant for me, but how he feels about Lori. I also knew I don't know what I'd do if I lost kayla. I honestly can't imagine what he is going through.

"Hey" I said.

he looked at me and I said," she knew and still does."

he continued starring at me for a second and then nodded. I placed a hand on his shoulder cause I didn't know what else to do. I ain't good with this comfortin shit. I looked out to the field when something caught my eye. I squinted my eyes to get a better look. I was seein someone walkin from the prison to the gates. I nudged ricks shoulder and he looked up seein what I was seein.

"who is it?" He asked.

"don't know. Everyone should be in bed" I said.

i squinted harder to see who it was better and anger filled me as I gritted,"Tom"

rick looked at me,"what's he doin up?"

"don't know, but I sure as hell ain't waitin to find out" I said swinging my crossbow over my shoulder and starting down the tower with Rick behind me.