Chapter 82

Kayla's pov

i was walking back with Carl to mine and daryls cell to put the kids to bed. I had elaina and he had Connor. Daryl had made to cribs like he had promised that were right next to our bed. I hadn't seen daryl since earlier today when we brought Tom back. I knew he was mad, but he had to understand where I was coming from. I was trying to be strong, but I was scared. I couldn't think of the things that happened to me happening to any of the others which included my best friend, my brother, and my kids. Then killing off my brother in law, my husband, and my dad. The feeling in all worried the hell out of me.

"Hey" Carl and I both jumped and saw Tom in the entrance to our cell.

"who are you?" Carl asked.

"this is Tom. The man we found who's going to help us. Tom this is my brother Carl" I smiled.

carl still looked skeptic and Tom walked in and stuck out his hand,

"nice to meet ya bud"

carl just glared up at him and looked at me one last time and walked out. I sighed,

"I'm sorry, he gets it from his father. He's not good with strangers."

"understood" he said and then looked at the cribs beside me," so theses the twins?"

i smiled at my babies, "ya is is Connor and that is elaina"

he smiled down at the kids and then looked to me,"so how long you and the redneck been married?"

"about a few months now" I said.

"too late then I guess." He sighed.

i looked at him confused, but shook it off and changed the subject, "so what did Herschel say about your arm?"

"o... Umm should be alright in a few days. Wants me to be careful with it." He sighed.

I smiled," that's good then. I mean that it'll be ok...not that fact you got shot" I laughed.

"I know" he chuckled,"but I wouldn't take it back"

"ummm why?" I asked confused.

"cause it brought me to safety and if I didn't get shot, wouldn't of met you." He said.

was he flirting with me? He knows I'm married? What the hell! If daryl finds out, he'll kill him before we find out about this other group.

"that's very sweet, but Im married" I whispered.

"won't stop me" he whispered.

my heart sank and I started shaking. He was really scaring me. He smiled at me sedistically and there was nothing I could do. I got really nervous and then someone said,

"hey boy. Ricks lookin for ya" we both turned and saw merle standing in the doorway to the cell.

i let to a sigh of relief. Thank god merle came when he did. Wait did he hear any of what he was saying to me? Where was daryl? O lord. Tom sighed and looked to me one last time before walking out by Merle,

"I'll see ya later"

i nodded and looked to Merle who was glaring at Tom. He then looked to me and I tried to hide my fear in my eyes by not looking at him.

"hey" Merle said.

i tried to calm myself down and put on a fake smile as I looked up to him,"ya?"

"he does anything you let me know" he said.

shit. He did hear. I nodded and he walked away. I layed back down on my cot and looked up at the ceiling, calming myself down. I wish daryl was here to hold me. i was scared. Once we find this other group, he'll be gone. I kept repeating that to myself as I finally fell asleep.

Daryls pov

Rick, Herschel, and I were sittin in the room we had meetings in, waiting for Merle to get Tom. I didn't trust that prick for one second and him being here was both pissing me off and making me nervous.

"How's he doin?" Rick asked Herschel.

"it was just a graze so it was easy to fix. Should be alright in about two days." He said.

i sighed. Dammit that meant that prick would be here for two more days! I grunted which gained a look from both Rick and Herschel. The way Tom looked at kayla earlier was still implanted in my mind and I wanted him gone. Send him out injured for all I care!

"Alright, we find this group and then we send him on his way when he's healed." Rick sighed.

"or we could send him on the road now. Who gives a shit what happens to him" I grunted annoyed.

rick sighed,"I know how you are feelin about him and trust me, I don't want him here either, but he's the only one that knows about this group."

i just grunted. We better just do this fast so this prick can be gone.

"but I did notice something funny though" Herschel said.

rick and I both looked at him and he said,

"his injury, his gunshot wound he had other gunshot scars below that injury and 3 on his other arm. All from a bullet just grazing him" he whispered.

rick and I both looked at each other. Seem thing wasn't right and we all knew that. I wanted him gone and away from my family. My thoughts were interrupted when Merle entered with Tom.

"tell us everything you know about that group." Rick said sternly.

"I ran into them when I was on the highway. Probably about 2 miles from here." He said. "They captured me and I saw em take out a few groups and take their women and kids. It was horrible."

i watched his eyes very closely. He kept breaking eyes contact with all of us and the glint in his eyes seemed like he was enjoying telling this story. Something wasn't right. This prick was lyin bout something and he seemed proud to be tellin us about this. I wondered if I was the only one noticing this. Rick looked oblivious and just caring about the group, Herschel seemed concerned, but my brother was just starring back at me. The look in his eyes told me he knew something. I nodded to him and he slightly nodded back.

"Alright in two days, you will show us where this group is and then we will supply you with some food and you will be on your way. Understood?" Rick said.

"completely" Tom smiled.

i just wanted to punch this man in the face! He was irritating the hell out of me! I tried to calm down when I heard merle say,

"gotta talk to ya little brother"

i nodded and followed him to his cell. He turned to me,

"gotta talk bout this Tom prick"

"what about him?" I grunted.

"need to keep an eye on him" he said.

i just looked at him and he said,"been around kayla awful lot. Gettin to the kids too. Overheard him keep callin her beautiful and was upset he was too late for er. She told em she was married, said it wouldn't stop him. If kayla and the twins wouldn't have been around and he knows about this threat, I'd have killed him right there"

i was seeing red again. First he checks out my wife and now he's gonna try and steal her and my kids! O this man is dead!

"Imma kill him" I glared.

merle smirked,"now now lil brother I agree with ya. No one does that to my family, but we gotta wait and then I'll help ya."

"Rick should know" I said.

"ricks too good of a goody tooshoos. This may piss him off, but he won't do anything." Merle said.

i stormed past my brother and with anger and confidence in my eyes. I had to find that prick.

"hey what ya doin! We can't kill him yet!" Merle shouted.

i turned to him and glared,"don't mean I can't beat the hell outta him"

i started storming out of the cell again, hearing my brother chuckling. Wherever Tom is he better run and he better hope and pray he's far away from my wife.