Chapter 28

Ricks pov

daryl finally emerges from the barn and walks up to meet me and Shane by the porch. This attracted members of the group and soon we were all huddled around him.

"what ya find out?" I asked.

"guys got a group, 30 men, heavy artillery. If they role through here their gonna kill our men. and our women." He gritted the next part. "Their gonna wish they were." He looked directly at me.

i understood exactly what he was sayin and my thoughts went to Lori and kayla. Sure I was mad at Lori for the whole Shane thing but I still loved her and as for kayla? Hell no.

"What do we do?" Andrea asked.

"we kill him." Shane said.

i looked over to Shane and sighed,"we'll discuss this later."

Shane stormed off and I looked to daryl who motioned for me to follow him with his head. I gave him a nod followed him to the porch.

Daryls pov

as we got to the porch, I sat down on the banister and Rick stayed standing.

"what you thinking we should do?" He asked.

"I want him dead Rick." I said.

"why so quick on the response?" He asked.

"asshole told me a story bout how his group attacked two young girls and a man. Raped em and had him watch. Sound familiar?" I gritted. I hated having this image in my head.

i looked and saw his face turn pale white and his expression turned to anger,

"was he one of the ones that touched her?" He asked.

"Says he wasn't. Says hes not like jack but I don't believe him. They were looking for her when you found him and killed 2 of his men." I said.

"wish one of the ones I shot would've been jack." He said running his hand through his hair.

"you and me both." I grunted.

"alright well I'll talk to kayla, hear her input on this then we'll go from there." He said.

"I'll talk to er." I said hopping off the banister, "she in her tent?"

"no daryl. While you were interrogating Randall. Something happened. She's ok. Just had a panic attack. She's been out for a few hours." He said.

"what! Why didn't anyone fucking tell me!" I yelled. I was pissed.

"You were in the barn" he explained.

"you couldn't come and get me!" I was way beyond pissed.

"no your mind wouldn't have been in the right place." He said.

i got in his face," I don't give a fuck! You know what whatever! Where the hell is she!"

"Upstairs. 3rd door on the left." He said.

i shook my head at him and bolted to the room. I entered just as maggie, lori and Carl was leaving. I gave em a head nod and walked into the room closing the door behind me. My heart sank, there she was. Pale, lifeless, and unconscious. I walked over to a chair and moved it to er bedside. Her breathing was heavy but it meant she was alive. Instinctly I grabbed her hand and held it in mine. I kissed it and then sighed,

"ya better wake up." I whispered.

i dropped her hand, feeling tired all of a sudden and walked to the recliner on the side of the room. This would be my bed for tonight and for how ever long she's in here. I can't do this anymore. Can't fight these feelings. I love this girl.