Chapter 76

8 1/2 months later Kayla's pov

ughh! I'm so done! I want this baby out now! I'm as big as a damn balloon! It's been a long pregnancy. Daryl and the others won't let me do anything. So what have I been doing? Eating and hanging around INSIDE the prison. No I wasn't allowed outside, it was apparently too risky. I understand that it was for my own safety but come on! I'm bored! I feel useless! I'm pregnant, I'm not broken. I lay down on my cot, looking up at the ceiling while rubbing my baby bump. Herschel has been staying close by and keeping a close eye on me which I've been thankful for. He said i could deliver any day now. I've been feeling pressure, but none near as bad that would make me think I was going into labor. Sitting and doing doing for a while really got me thinking, I may only have days left. If I go like Lori, I need to know my baby will be taken care of. Not only by its father, but by it's grandfather and uncles. I sighed and sat up from my bed. I had to use the pole holding the top bunk up to help me get up. Seriously I was HUGE! It took the breath out of me just doing that! I started walking, well waddling, out of my cell to find Rick. I found him in the infermery. He looked over to me and smiled. I smiled back and walked over to him.

"you look like you're carrying a bowling ball" he laughed.

"thanks" I laughed, "I'll remember to tell your grandchild you referred to him/her as a bowling ball"

he smiled and shook his head," grandchild. Ha makes me feel like im getting old"

i laughed,"ya are. Is that a grey hair I see?"

"shut up" he smiled.

we laughed for a minute and then I took a deep breath," Rick I have to talk to you."

"bout what?" He asked.

"If something goes wrong.." I started to say but he immediately cut me off,

"nothing will go wrong" he said sternly.

"I know. But if something does. You can't tune out again. You can't leave again. You have to be strong for Carl, for daryl, for my baby. I need you to promise me that." I said feeling tears form in my eyes.

"kayla..." He protested.

"promise me" I said loudly, my voice cracking.

i starred straight into his eyes to show him how serious I was. He starred back, I know he had to feel like he was looking at Lori again. He took a deep breath,

"I promise."

I smiled and we hugged tightly. As we pulled away I asked,

"where's Carl?"

"I think he was in the cafeteria."

i smiled and nodded as I walked to find Carl. I found him sitting at one of the tables.

"hey" I smiled.

He turned to me and smiled, "hey"

"what ya doin?" I asked walking over to him.

"nothin...I'm about to go down to the garden. Ya wanna come?" He asked.

"fresh air sounds great" I smiled.

he nodded and we walked out to the garden which was down by the other gate towards the back of the prison. I felt the wind blow through my hair and I just smiled as the sun beat down on my skin. It felt like forever since I'd been outside.

"Hurry up!" Carl teased walking faster ahead of me.

i laughed,"sorry kinda gained some weight here"

"you should probably lose that. It's not healthy." He laughed reaching the garden.

"I hope to in a few days." I smiled.