3

We'll Meet Again

Braelynn's POV

I slam my locker shut and pull my book bag on both shoulder before pulling out my phone to start walking. Of course Yasmin is out sick so I have to walk, which isn't that bad, it's fall and really pretty with all the leaves falling so I don't mind. 

It's not that far of a walk from school to home, just 10-15 minutes depending on how slow your walking. I put my earbuds in and start listening to rap music. Of course my dad doesn't approve of it but I could care less. 

Drake's new album, Dark Lane Demo Tapes just came out, so I start listening to one of my favorite songs, Chicago Freestyle. 

"Two-Thirty baby won't you meet me by the bean?

Too early maybe later you can show me things,

You know what it is whenever I visit

Windy city she blowin' me kisses noo

Thirty degrees way too cold so hold me tight

Will I see you at the show tonight?

Aye, truck to plane to the-" 

The song is interrupted by a horn honking. I ignore it because I know its not directed towards me but I can't ignore the car when it pulls up in someone's drive way right in from of me. It's a black BMW, with tented windows. 

Should I run now or wait a minute?

The windows roll down and smoke starts to flood out of the car, soon I can make out the mysterious man from the party. He is even more scary than Jay. 

"Need a ride?" He asks, with a his eyebrows raised. 

"U-uh No thank you." I say and try to walk away but he gets out of the car and blocks me. How stupid would I look if I just ran away. 

"Braelynn-" he starts but I cut him off. 

"You know my name? How?" 

"Jay told me, also told me your the preacher's daughter." He says nonchalantly, which makes me frown, for once I would like to be known as just a girl, not my dad's daughter.  

"What's wrong, was it something I said?" He asks. 

"No.-" I put on a fake smile. "It wasn't you but I have to go." I say and try to walk around him but he grabs my wrist, stopping me. 

"I just have one question for you, did that creep Jay do anything to you the other night?" He asks and I am shocked. Why does he care?

"No." I say simply and he nods.

"I'm Lucas." He says and holds his hand out for me to shake.

"Braelynn-" I say while taking hold of it. "-but you already knew that." I say, when I look up at him I can't help but blush to see he is staring down on me, but not in the terrifying way he looked at Jay, his eyes were softer. 

"See you around?" He asks. 

"Maybe." I say and then he let's go of my wrist so I start walking around his car, continuing my intended route. 

A second later I hear his door open and close before he pulls off. 

 Oh my gosh, he just touched me.

So Lucas is his name huh? 

The name fits him perfectly. 

I continue to walk home and when I get there I see my parents all dressed up. 

"What's going on?" I ask. 

"Marquan's mother is having some type of gathering to celebrate his birthday even though he's deceased, go upstairs and change into something a little less casual." My mother says. 

I sigh, "But mom, I have a lot of homework to do." I say and look over at my dad, he's very concerned about my studies. 

"Ok, we'll just be there for like an hour or two, but we have to show up, I preached at her son's funeral, how would that look if we didn't show up?" He says and I guess he has a point. 

"Fine, I'll be back in 5."

I go upstairs but on one of my appropriate "church dresses", as Yasmin would say. I leave my hair as it is but on a pair of flats and walk down stairs. 

"That was fast for a change." My dad says surprised and I laugh a little. 

"LEXI COME ON." My mother yells and a couple seconds later she comes running down the stairs. 

Noah went back to college already, so it was just me and Lexi again.

"Ok everybody looks good, let's go." My dad says as we get into my dad's Ford Explorer that has three rows. We drive to Marquan's house which takes about 5 minutes because we all live in the neighborhood. 

We get out and walk right in because the door wasn't locked, everybody greeted us and made a big fuss about us being here, but of course it was a positive big fuss. 

I spot Yasmin across the room and I march over. 

"Sick my butt." I say to her.

"I'm sorry girl but after you left this morning I was debating on whether I should come to school but that's when Derek showed up and you know I couldn't say no to him." She says. Derek is her boyfriend and it's very obvious she's been lost her virginity. 

"Yeah whatever." I say. 

Derek is older than us, he is not a drug dealer or anything but I do know he makes a lot of money and doesn't have a regular job. Sometimes I even ask Yasmine but she has no clue either. They have been messing around since we were sophomores and she doesn't know what he does for a living, which is beyond me but hey who am I to judge. 

I still haven't told her about my little-big encounter with Jay and that Lucas guy so it wouldn't make sense to tell her now. Especially since I don't think I'll ever be seeing him again.

Sadly, the whole time Yasmine was talking I couldn't get my mind off Lucas. Too bad I'll probably never see him again. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How'd you like it?  ❤️😜😄💯

READ

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE