39

Meeting the Family

Braelynn's POV

Tonight is the dinner, to say I'm nervous would be a complete understatement. Lucas and I have gone over our story many times and I even told Lexi, just to make sure she didn't fuck it up.

When I got home after talking to Lucas about the whole thing a few days ago, I acted like I needed some advice from my mom on boys and we got to talking about him, when she told me to invite him to dinner like I expected.

They did the same thing to Noah's potential girlfriends, we always have a family dinner where they try to just get to know them before their kids get serious with anyone they don't know.

Currently I am setting the table and constantly checking my phone because he should be here any minute now and it's scaring the crap out of me.

It was a casual dinner but I made sure to remind him no grill, no diamonds and no designer... I know crazy right? I literally picked out an outfit for him to wear, unfortunately its not cool enough to have on long sleeve so his tattoos are just gonna have to visible. 

*ding dong*

I think I'm gonna vomit.

"Braelynn I think he's here." My mom says excitedly. This is the first time I've ever mentioned a boy to her so you already know she overly excited. 

My dad, mom and sister walk in the dining room and take their seats before I go to get the door.

I open it and he had on the casual outfit I chose for him and a fresh hair cut. Ohh my baby look good. I turn around to see if anyone was in the room but they were all in the kitchen.

He steps in and I peck his lips. He smells so good I could just melt.

"You ready?" He asks and I shake my head no.

"Everything is gonna go by smoothly, chill out." He says.

I'm really stressing right now, I've been sneaking around with him for the past like 10 months, I can't believe I'm really introducing him. The worst thing that could happen is my dad forbids me from seeing him but hey lets think positive thoughts. 

"Alright lets go- wait something's not right." I say while stepping back to get a better look at him.

"What? You the one that picked this out."

He's right, I did ,  has on a white polo, black jeans and low Air Force ones, its simple and also how my brother dresses so I know they won't have a problem with it. I have on a black t shirt, some blue jeans and my all black reflective yeezys 350.

I study him for a quick second before rolling my eyes.

"Lucas pull your pants up." I say and he laughs. This nigga finna meet a preacher and is sagging.