18

My Dad?

A week later

A week later

Braelynn POV

"I just don't know where I wanna go and quite frankly I'm tired of talking about it." I say with a little attitude as Mackenzie and I walk into the lunchroom to find Trey.

"Fine but the longer you wait the more anxiety you giving Lucas." She says as her phone dings.

"Yeah I know I don't wanna talk about it anymore."

"Trey said he needs some help bringing the food in I'mma help just grab a table" Mack says while looking down at her phone.

"Ight cool." I say before she walks away and I look around the lunchroom for an empty table. Normally we go out for lunch which is why we don't have a set lunch table but today Trey was working with Lucas and said he wouldn't make it to school until lunch so he brought us food.

When I spot an open table I start to walk towards it and sit down. Not a second later Dawayne is sitting next to me, very closely, but I choose not to freak out and cause a scene.

"Your gonna get in trouble ya know." I say without even turning my head to look at him.

"C'mon don't be like that, once upon a time we used to be friends." He says in a joking manner.

"What do you want Dwayne?"

"I'm actually here to help you Brae."

"How could you possibly help me?" I ask.

"I mean it may not be help but it's probably something you want to know... about your dad." He says and I finally turn my head to look at him.

"What are you talking about?" I ask curiously, I mean what could he know that I don't.

"You really wanna know?" He asks and I nod my head.

"Meet me under the bleachers today after 8th, and I have proof, you don't wanna-"

"Get the fuck out of here before it becomes a shoot out in this bitch." Trey says from the opposite end of the table in a low voice.

Dwayne just laughs before giving me a look and leaving us. Trey runs around the table and sits next to me.

"Are you ok?" He asks and I nod.

What could he possibly know about my dad that I don't know. Maybe it has something to do with him sneaking out at all hours of the night. No matter what I have to find out.

Trey looks at me intently before calling up Lucas, I hear him saying how he saw me and a boy having a conversation through the window and rushed in after a minute when he realized it was Dwayne.

"Ight." He says before hanging up, then he turns to me. "Lucas will be here in 5." He says and I nod.

"Brae what did he say to you?"