30

Workin' with the opps

1 week later

Braelynn POV

Currently I am siting in a booth at chick-fil-a waiting for him to come back with my chicken sandwich but Dwayne was blowing my phone up asking to meet. He has been texting me since last week when I called him. I was hoping he would stop so I wouldn't have to tell Lucas but I'm not making the same mistake twice.

I jump when someone slides in front of me but it's just Lucas.

"I scared you?" He asks with a little chuckle while handing me the bag and my lemonade, btw Chich-fil-a has the BEST lemonade EVER.

"Just surprised is all." I say while taking a French fry and rethinking my decision of telling him about Dwayne.

"Did you get me Ketchup? By the way Dwayne has been texting me. Oh never mind I see it, thank you." I say quickly while squirting ketchup on my waffle fries but I can feel Lucas staring at me from across the table.

"What you say?"

"I said thank you for the ketchup." I say with a smile and looking at him innocently.

"Braelynn stop playing." He says and I sigh.

"Dwayne has been texting me-"

"Let me see." He says seriously while I hand him my phone.

"How long?" He asks while typing the passcode in.

"A week."

"A week? Why you ain't tell me!?" He says with a slight attitude and glaring at me.

"Because I thought if I didn't respond he would stop."

"Oh so this nigga got a death wish-"

"No Lucas no, I think he just wants to help."

"So we back to this huh? What did I tell you before?"

"I know I know but maybe we could use him, keyword we because we're doing this together now."

"Did you tell him I was the one that told you to call him?"

"No but I know when we was talking on the phone he was hesitant."

"Don't seem hesitant no more but fine if you really wanna use him I need to be involved."

"But what if he doesn't want to help anymore because of you-"

"Then I will force him too, he should've thought of that before tryna be secretive with my girl. He's a snitch Braelynn, it will be in his best interest to help if he doesn't want me to out him to Sean and his gang."

"Ok fine what do I say to him?"

"I just texted him and told him to meet you in the ally behind Chick-Fil-a, he said he was in the area." He says while typing away on my phone.