32

Pool Party 

1 week later

Braelynn's POV

Can I just say that I am so blessed, I owe all the praise to God. I made it to 18, got into a good college, attending with 3 of my best friends, my boyfriend and I are in love and I have my license... oh and my dream car.

Can life get any better?

I am currently driving to pick up Mackenzie from her house we are going to a pool party that Derek is hosting. I don't know if there is any occasion maybe just to celebrate summer but yeah that's the plan for today.

But of course I don't know anyone so I decided to ask Mackenzie to come along with me, I need my girl.

I wait patiently for Mack as she locks her door and walks to my car. She opens the door and hops in.

"Man your parents really hooked you up with this." She says and I laugh while pulling off, following the GPS to Dereks house.

"Yeah, it was my birthday and graduation present in one but it was so worth it. And now I can go as I please, no more waiting for someone to pick me up." I say.

"So this pool party, is there gonna be a lot of fine niggas there?" She asked and I laugh.

"You know it."

"YASSSS and now we both legal so we can do whatever the fuck we want." She says and I nod in agreement.

It takes about 25 minutes to get there and when we pull up it's a nice house kind of like Lucas's not as big but still really really nice. There was so many cars we had to park a little ways down but it was ok.

"Ok you ready?" I ask while putting on lip gloss in the mirror.

"Yes mam lets go." She says while we get out. I get out and lock the door. We walk up to the house and ring the doorbell. Not even a second later the door swung open revealing my man. I smile and step in giving him a kiss.

"Hey bae."

"I'm glad you made it. Hey Mackenzie." He says to me and then Mack, they share a side hug before he leads us through the house to the backyard pool.

"Can you hold my keys?" I asks and he nods while slipping them in the pocket of his trunks, too bad bikinis don't have pockets.

Derek's house is actually nicely decorated and clean, surprisingly.

When I say there was a lot of people here I mean a lot, there were people all in the kitchen and living room but even more outside. The pool was huge, with a diving board and cute water toys floating around.

There was music playing out of speakers all over the place and like 8 coolers with different kinds of alcohol in it, next to tables with cups, fruit, chips, juice, cookies and a bunch of other snacks. But there was another table with just one single thing on it, it was a big cake, so I'm guessing it's actually Derek's birthday and this is a little get together, well not little but you know what I mean.