22

Safe?

Braelynn's POV

Braelynn's POV

I just got a text from Dwayne telling me he's outside. I quickly grab my keys and go out the front door before anyone can see me leave. I don't like this sneaky shit at all but has to be done, just for now eventually I'll tell Lucas.

"Hey." I say while opening the door and he pulls off right away.

"Braelynn you really gone get me in trouble girl."

"I'm sorry-" I say with a puppy dog face "-but this has to be done, I want to see with my own eyes that my dad is up to no good. Yes I trust you but I don't want to be able to convince myself of anything different."

"Yeah I guess, you got the key?"

"Yeah, but you can't come in with me I'll open the window and you can climb in."

"Oh shit we some real ass spies." He says while laughing and turning into the church parking lot.

The church is open for many different reasons and me being who I am I can just walk in without being questioned, but me walking in with Dwayne is a dead giveaway that I'm doing something I shouldn't be doing.

The plan is for me to in the church and use the key I have for my dads office and get in, the next step is just searching around for any evidence that Dwayne told me about, guns, money, drugs, anything at this point.

"Ight just go around the side of the church and I'll let you in."

"Bet."

I get out of the car and walk up to the front doors. I open it and see Mrs.May sitting at the front desk.

"Oh hi Braelynn."

"Good afternoon Ms.May."

"What are you doing here honey, your dad isn't here."

"Oh yeah I know, I was just on my way back from a friends house and he wanted me to pick up something from his office but how are you doing how is Mr. Brown?" I ask while winking.

Old people gotta get they groove on too.

"Oh hush honey-" she says while laughing and blushing.

"Mhmm I see you Ms.May doing your thang." I say while walking down a few halls to get to my dads very secluded office. This is a nice place to hide things. Only people that had a key was my dad of course, my mom, my siblings and me.

I use my key to open the door before closing and locking it behind me. I go over to the window and pull the blinds open, I am met with Dwayne trying to peak in. I let out a laugh before unlocking it and pulling it open for him.

"Damn girl took you long enough-"

"Shut up and focus on the mission?" I ask with a small smile.