16

The Next Step

1 Month Later

1 Month Later

Braelyn's POV

"Braelyn come down here." I hear my mom yell so I run down the stairs. When I get down to the kitchen I see Lexi and my dad sitting there.

"So your dad has to visit another church in Mississippi and I have to make a trip to New York, your aunt is a little sick so I volunteered to take care of her for a week until they can get an in home nurse for her, but your dad will be gone for only 3 days. We are trusting the 2 of you to be responsible because we don't want to pull you out of school for a week. Don't make us regret this decision. We'll leave money food, but you are expected to be at school on time and at every class do I make myself clear?"

"Yes mom." We say and unison, I can't even control my excitement. I already know where I'm going to be for those 3 days.

My sister and I help my parents pack up the car and walk them out. We give them the phoniest smile and hug before we go do something we shouldn't do.

I call up Lucas and tell him the news then run up to my room and pack and call Mackenzie.

"Wassup hoe?" She picks up.

"Guess who finna be sleeping over Lucas house for 3 nights?"

"Girl you gone get you some dick." She says extra loudly.

"Um absolutely not, it's the child of god you talking to."

"Girl you know y'all finna do something. Remember the last time you stayed the night at his place?"

Dang that seems like such a long time ago, when I got drunk and he almost had me ready to give it up. 

"Yeah but that doesn't mean anything has to happen, he doesn't pressure me into doing anything I don't want to."

"Bitch did I say he was gone pressure you or did I say y'all was gone do something, I'm telling you right now you're going to want to."

"Ok let's say something does end up happening...what should I do?"

"What you mean bitch? Enjoy that shit, Lucas is probably amazing."

My phone dings, it's Lucas so I grab my bag and head out.

"Ok Mackenzie he is here I'll talk to you later." We say our goodbyes and hang up.

I run outside and across the street to Lucas's new black Range Rover he got a week ago. I've been begging him to let me drive it but he won't let me.

"Not gonna lie I'm kinda scared to get caught." I say as he takes the car out of park. 

"You're not gonna get caught, you'll be fine just relax." He gives me fast reassuring kiss on the cheek before he pulls off.